Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Naylor declared war on NSC?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry I have been on the Argus website but could not find the link to an article in todays Argus by Andy Naylor.

In this article he takes to task those on NSC who have highlighted problems at the Amex. He says that these people are wrong to criticise things like the queues at food kiosks, the lack of clock and the memorial stones. He also goes on to say that internet forums give a mouthpiece to some of the moronic element of Albion's fanbase.

Now whilst he correctly states that some people need realise that it takes time to get everything running smoothly at a new venue, he also seems to think that people should not raise these issues at all. Should he not also realise that these issues need to be raised, in a polite manner, so that the club can be made aware of any problems and then be able to address them?

Maybe he thinks that only he should be allowed to have any kind of opinion on the Albion?

Discuss......

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
He's probably a bit miffed that people on Twitter and NSC have taken the michael out of his transfer related tweets that were so spectacularly wrong, so has tried to have a pop back.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry I have been on the Argus website but could not find the link to an article in todays Argus by Andy Naylor.

In this article he takes to task those on NSC who have highlighted problems at the Amex. He says that these people are wrong to criticise things like the queues at food kiosks, the lack of clock and the memorial stones. He also goes on to say that internet forums give a mouthpiece to some of the moronic element of Albion's fanbase.

Now whilst he correctly states that some people need realise that it takes time to get everything running smoothly at a new venue, he also seems to think that people should not raise these issues at all. Should he not also realise that these issues need to be raised, in a polite manner, so that the club can be made aware of any problems and then be able to address them?

Maybe he thinks that only he should be allowed to have any kind of opinion on the Albion?

Discuss......

Really? Haven't read the article, but if that's the case, that is in flat contradiction with the club. They are actively pursuing opinion and criticism so that they can get things right.

Can someone post the article up? Ta.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He is right though it does give a mouth piece to idiots and some of the complaining was people not understanding what a build up event was all about

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think he is right, and wrong.

These issues are going to happen, this is why we have ramp up events. These issues need to be raised, again, this is why we have ramp up events. Where I do agree is that a few people have been far too quick to offer loud and unconstructive criticism, which has resulted in some of the constructive comments appear to be moans.

He is also right about the fact that the internet can act as a loudspeaker for muppets who hide behind an anonymous username and type things that they would never say to someone face-to-face.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well, in fairness, I think the club will have been fully aware of the queues, and the clock issue had an explanation, so I'm not sure what moaning about either of them achieve.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't normally have any problems with Naylor and think that some of the sniping on here is a bit childish. I'd like to see what he actually wrote before commenting personally.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I think some stuff goes on here that none of us could support. However, feedback is the breakfast of kings and constructive comments via this forum should be of immense value to the club as they snag and fine tune our fantastic stadium.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some - not all - of the complaints are valid.

It's the language used that grates. 'Shambles' seems to be the operative word, and a marvellous use of hyperbole in this instance.
I agree. There only appear to be a handful of real issues that surfaced for what would have been an average league crowd last season in a brand new environment. And of those, does anyone seriously believe the catering issue (for example) won't be completely sorted out by the time the Spurs game rolls around?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In this article he takes to task those on NSC who have highlighted problems at the Amex. He says that these people are wrong to criticise things like the queues at food kiosks, the lack of clock and the memorial stones.

Interesting. There are two different aspects to this;

- queues and clocks

well there are always teething problems at new stadia and these are usually the kind of things that happen and get resolved (the clock was a simple answer from insider). I think he has a point that people will be extreme and not see these for what they are which is hopefully a short term inconvenience

- stones

different issue altogether. These are a bought and paid for item (bit like seats really) and have been done elsewhere so are not innovative. If there are concerns about quality or if the club has moved the goalposts then perhaps people do have more of a right to comment. I would put disabled parking in this category too. I think the response to these issues on NSC has been measured

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
to be fair, some people do seem to have a vendetta against naylor

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
The Amex is our home and fans would like everything just so. This includes service at food stands etc. It is always said that we do not complain enough in our society and when we do we get shot down on flames. No pleasing some people.

I for one, (I am sure others would agree), we are extremely grateful to TB and his project team for building a fantastic stadium where we can watch a good quality of football, (lets hope), but for Andy Naylor to make these comments to the general public I feel is very unwise. Using the comments "moronic element of Albion's fanbase" is a huge generalisation and goes to show he does not understand Brighton fans. I would almost go as far to say he is being a bigot!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Pot, kettle, black... Most of what that *** writes is completely MORONIC and designed to make himself the centre of attention in my opinion.

"Look at me, I'm important" Well, congratulations, you have another 30 seconds of fame.

Morning Andy. :wave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And of those, does anyone seriously believe the catering issue (for example) won't be completely sorted out by the time the Spurs game rolls around?

No, I don't (think it will be completely sorted by Spurs). I really don't see how they'll go from a disastrous service for c7000 people to a streamlined service for 17,000. But I think they will have improved by Spurs and will continue to do so until such time as the required level is reached.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The software was playing up.

To be corrected for the next game.

Where was that said?

The story we were told was that there is no clock because Gus doesn't want one, as he doesn't want the players being distracted by it.

IF it was software related, I'm pretty certain it would just be a lack of training / knowledge. The software is fairly straightforward, and the clock functions are a very basic part of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here