Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benny runs - Fri 22nd.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
11.42 race at Hove, A4, stitched up with Trap 5 AGAIN!

Who will be there?... I can actually make it for once!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Mate, trainers can ask for anything they want, but it is usually ignored by the racing office in my experience.
I asked for my dog to be run more often, however yet again he's just been sitting in the kennel for a fortnight without a race. He's still not got a race lined up looking at the advance cards.
They're a total joke in there.

Pleasingly, people seem to be taking notice and the BGOA raised the shambles in the racing office at their AGM.

"The main complaint I have had from owners this year is our grading system, which over the last few weeks has led to many of us scratching our heads and trying to seek explanations to, what in some cases seems to be blatant favouritism."
"The grading situation is an ongoing problem. "
"Why do some dogs have to wait 10 – 14 days between runs."

I don't expect any answers to any of the above, but at least it was raised.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Mate, trainers can ask for anything they want, but it is usually ignored by the racing office in my experience.
I asked for my dog to be run more often, however yet again he's just been sitting in the kennel for a fortnight without a race. He's still not got a race lined up looking at the advance cards.
They're a total joke in there.

Pleasingly, people seem to be taking notice and the BGOA raised the shambles in the racing office at their AGM.

"The main complaint I have had from owners this year is our grading system, which over the last few weeks has led to many of us scratching our heads and trying to seek explanations to, what in some cases seems to be blatant favouritism."
"The grading situation is an ongoing problem. "
"Why do some dogs have to wait 10 – 14 days between runs."

I don't expect any answers to any of the above, but at least it was raised.

You are right they don't take any notice of anyone as we did ask for Benny to have trap 6 in future, guess they favoured the lightly race dog that runs extremely wide for trap 6, if he was in trap 5 wouldn't do us any favours.
Trigg I will be there on Friday.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not meant to be working local so probably will have to settle for watching it in the bookies. If i can change my plans to be there i will.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm going to miss it, as I will be slumming it in the Grandstand at Lord's.
I'll be having a bet though, so your text result service would be appreciated.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I'm going to miss it, as I will be slumming it in the Grandstand at Lord's.
I'll be having a bet though, so your text result service would be appreciated.

Will text you Nigel, just turn the sound down, don't wana upset the members.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I have an opticians appointment in Lewes at 10am now tomorrow, I am going to SPRINT out to Hove straight after so hopefully won't miss Benny :(

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Gutted not to have made it, my opticians appointment took a lot longer than expected. :(

I managed to catch the race in a bookies, I thought Benny ran a good race after getting bumped at the first, a very respectable time indeed (30.45) nothing could have been done about the 4 dog even with a clean run I doubt, that dog is on fire at the moment.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Thought without the big nudge at the 1st he may of had a chance, but even so like you say a respectable run all the same

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here