Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart Legend

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Comments from another thread:

I will pass on your comments, but I think the artists who were commissioned to do their various pieces around the entire stadium, were given free reign, and then final artwork was then signed off by the club - with regard to the supporters' bar, the theme in there is very much the final few years at the Goldstone and the Withdean years - so artwork on the walls will also feature the various pictures of the FFA campaign etc, alongside John Baine's poem etc.

The players you mention feature in different areas of the stadium - for example the huge mural of Peter Ward as you enter the west stand reception, plus there are photos lining the corridors of others.

---

Re your specific comments, Harty, off the top of my head I know he features in the first-floor corridor of the 1901 Club, and in lots of other areas. Also, I am not sure who has termed this a "LEGENDS WALL" but my understanding is that it isn't that - it's a piece of artwork commissioned to a local Albion-supporting artist. It features iconic images and players from the club's history, but it is not a wall of club-chosen legends. If and when we unveil an official hall of fame, the AC&Hs would play a crucial role in deciding who should be inducted to that. Also, don't forget the museum is still to be opened.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here