Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled Parking (2)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can only reiterrate the point made by Libra Gully with the experience of a long term STH friend who is registered disabled and a Blue Badge holder.

Disabled people have to plan well ahead for nearly everything they do. They have to get to places early, check for wheelchair access, ensure doors are wide enough to get through, check the toilet facilities are suitable, check for a ramp, etc, etc and in many cases they have to accept that they can't go somewhere. The DD Act calls for better standards and treatment of those with a disability.

The Albion's community scheme is a shining example of the good that local businesses can do to help those less fortunate.....BUT why does my friend have to queue up at the Albion shop at 9am on the 1st day of ticket sales (as advised by the club) only to have his name taken for the disabled parking list, then after hearing nothing after 2 weeks he phones six times to be given 6 different messages (they've all gone, none have been issued, we'll send you a form, we are judging each disability, your name's on the list, we'll call you back)?

When will a decision be made and when will those requiring disabled parking hear?

As a STH he now wonders if he can attend matches.

I do hope the club hasn't forgotten this loyal group of fans.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The club certainly hasn't forgotten this group fans, and alongside everything else, is doing everything possible to ensure every single supporters' needs are catered for in the best way possible. I am sure that once plans are fully in place, details will be communicated to those who have requested that information - presuming your friend has requested this information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here