Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heritage stones

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hi Paul,

Catering queues aside, had a very enjoyable and straightforward first match day at the AMEX. Hope it largely went well for all of you at the club too.

Just one point. Many people on here (me included) are very disappointed by the quality of the heritage stones. They are, frankly, mediocre compared to the ones I've seen elsewhere and do not look as if they'll stand the test of time. Some are even installed on a drain cover which looks particularly shabby.

In the long term could the club look at taking this up with the supplier or, at the very least, consider relocating them from the ground to the wall where they may suffer less wear and tear?

They weren't cheap and, while I appreciate they weren't sold as 'memorial' stones, many people have used them to commemorate fans who have passed away so it's an emotive subject.

I know it's a mainly cosmetic rather than operational problem and so low on the list, but it would be good to know the club has an active interest in eventually improving this lacklustre element of an otherwise superb stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here