Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women's football is rubbish

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I am not sexist and it is only an opinion but I would rather chew my left leg off than watch women's football.
I can't put my finger on why, but I think fundamentally it is the lack of pace and power.
Women's football really is rubbish.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
they had the germany v nigeria game on at the pub last week, i dont think there was a shot on target the whole time i watched it. also in the womens game they always seem to be too far behind the ball when they strike it for things such as shots and crosses, ends up with the ball in the crowd...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As is women's cricket and tennis ... mind you women's rugby has a certain magnetism to it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
there's also something about womens beach volleyball which strikes a chord with me also.... can't quite put my finger on it..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I did like watching Sabbatini on a three setter on a hot day.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I honestly think if the pitch, goals and ball were smaller, it would be just as entertaining as mens football. But it's just too slow!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
f*** women :lol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
mind you women's rugby has a certain magnetism to it.

I noticed this during the Women's RWC... I think it is because it is a more technical game. In the men's game, a lot of teams have become reliant on brute force, whereas in women's rugby it is all about the technical skill.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
there's also something about womens beach volleyball which strikes a chord with me also.... can't quite put my finger on it..
And if you did, you'd be arrested.
I honestly think if the pitch, goals and ball were smaller, it would be just as entertaining as mens football. But it's just too slow!
That might improve it, but it still wouldn't be as entertaining as mens.
the goalkeepers are AWFUL, mainly because they're mostly too small, apart from that i actually think it's ok
It's the goalies that make it a joke for me. When I went to uni in 1990 I met some of the womens football team, and said I thought womens football was pretty good except for the goalies. That went down well. But nothing's changed since then. Smaller goald would definitely help the keepers, but they're still rubbish.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You're right the keepers are terrible, in the Germany v Nigeria game I don't think I saw the keepers dive for the ball once, then again, its understandable because in a game where there is barely one shot on goal they hardly have a job to do...

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Might be more watchable if they played in Bikinis!
(Not sexist at all comment no. 56724)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Wow, there was actually a decent shot - followed by a decent save in the England France match!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I am not sexist and it is only an opinion but I would rather chew my left leg off than watch women's football.
I can't put my finger on why, but I think fundamentally it is the lack of pace and power.
Women's football really is rubbish.

I'm glad you're obviously NOT sexist - although I can see why some people might make the terrible mistake of thinking that you were. God forbid if you were a man who relied on sweeping generalisations to make your erudite footballing observations too. That would just be adding insult to injury...

:rolleyes:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To be fair,many Women footballers would run rings round a lot of blokes and some are very good, but that's not the point,it just seems to be going through the motions.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yep, here it is. I could watch this all day.

LFL1_168429s.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here