Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do people write "this" after a quote

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
As a newbie I don't understand the point of posting a quote with the comment "this" after it. I presume it means you agree with the above comment but its desparately irritating to read, a waste of time and space and totally pointless.
Does it annoy others on NSC? Yes I know what's coming in any replies.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
resisting the temptation to say "not this"....................it's just a comment in affirmation; agreeing with the preceeding post. Nothing wrong with that.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
As a newbie I don't understand the point of posting a quote with the comment "this" after it. I presume it means you agree with the above comment but its desparately irritating to read, a waste of time and space and totally pointless.

This......:facepalm::p....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

You've only been here two minutes and already your moaning.

albionite

May 20, 2009
An upgrade to NSC could be next to you post count, have how many times you have posted "this"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a replacement for "what he said" which is now so last year.

Did someone mention post counts, oh dear.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
OK if you can't beat 'em join 'em.

This

No, no, no no, no.

You CANNOT add a comment and then say "this".

"This" is a stand alone statement - a shorthand version of "I agree". Conceptually and physically its simplicity can hardly be improved upon unless one were simply to say "yes" or "ok" but whilst those may have the advantage of brevity they add an opportunity for doubt. They lack the simple clarity of "this".

To add another comment however - any other comment - is to impinge on its stark beauty. The only permitted variant might be "this this and this....." or something similar (the exclamatory "this! or "THIS" perhaps) but nothing else. Succinct and to the point..............................

In all honesty I do appreciate that you are new to this forum but please do try to conform to standards learned through long experience

This

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, no, no no, no.

You CANNOT add a comment and then say "this".

"This" is a stand alone statement - a shorthand version of "I agree". Conceptually and physically its simplicity can hardly be improved upon unless one were simply to say "yes" or "ok" but whilst those may have the advantage of brevity they add an opportunity for doubt. They lack the simple clarity of "this".

To add another comment however - any other comment - is to impinge on its stark beauty. The only permitted variant might be "this this and this....." or something similar (the exclamatory "this! or "THIS" perhaps) but nothing else. Succinct and to the point..............................

This
In all honesty I do appreciate that you are new to this forum

What he said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here