Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jem Karacan in talks with Brighton

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
According to Radio Berkshire, this morning.
Just spoken to Reading supporter, who can't believe it. Told me he is a good little player...central midfield ( attacking but not a goal scorer )...fiery and combative...made himself a regular in their team this season.
Watch this space.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Call me a small minded grudge holder but I'd get great pleasure from us signing a Reading player that their fans don't want to lose. We have come a long way since we lost Sidwell and I remember how gutted I was when he left, although I totally understood why. I have long looked forward to the day when we'd be on a lvel footing with them again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's hard to believe, if anything I thought he was Premier-League bound. Great little player, hardly ever loses the ball, wins it back a lot, and keeps the midfield ticking over. Would be an excellent signing, but I'd be very surprised if Reading let him go to us after he finally became a regular starter last season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Call me a small minded grudge holder but I'd get great pleasure from us signing a Reading player that their fans don't want to lose. We have come a long way since we lost Sidwell and I remember how gutted I was when he left, although I totally understood why. I have long looked forward to the day when we'd be on a lvel footing with them again.

Know how you feel IC....may only be a rumour but it would be nice to get one back for Sidwell, Ingarmarrson, Coppell, Brooker etc.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
If we sign Karacan then would that mean Gus would want to play with two Defensive Midfielders in Karacan and Bridders with Dicker/Sparrow/Lansbury ( :cheeky: ) as the attacking midfielder and three up front?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That would be a BRILL signing.

Young, Turkish u21 international, very good technically.

This would make a LOT of sense.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If we sign Karacan then would that mean Gus would want to play with two Defensive Midfielders in Karacan and Bridders with Dicker/Sparrow/Lansbury ( :cheeky: ) as the attacking midfielder and three up front?

It would give him more options depending on how many different positions the two of them could effectively manage

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I really really want Nile Ranger....I think he would score a lot of goals in the Championship.
Him and Lua Lua are best mates. Both players have never had a continued run in a side and in my opinion

Hes a young lad and will grow up fast on and off the pitch if he got a regular game.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Would be a good signing. How much would be cost?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Karacan - so how do you pronounce that?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nile Ranger is an interesting one. I'm sure he is available, as it hasn't worked out at Newcastle. The clearly has a lot of talent, but also a lot of baggage, with a bit of a 'gangsta' rep from way back. I see he was in trouble again recently about posing with a knife.

If he's more interested in looking cool for his old mates then having a good career, forget it, but if Gus could sort him out he could be a worthwhile target.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I really really want Nile Ranger....I think he would score a lot of goals in the Championship.

Whenever I've seen him play for Newcastle - not a lot, granted, and usually coming on as sub, I've always thought he was terrible. Has a really bad attitude as well I gather - I wouldn't want him with us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here