Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New ticketing system meltdown already?!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just been on club site to check my points to see message:

Due to the high volume of activity, we are currently unable to connect you.
Click here to try again.
The real-time ticketing system is currently operating at its full capacity of simultaneous customers. A limit is placed on the number of people simultaneously within the ordering system to ensure a smooth operation at peak periods. You will therefore need to retry a few times until a spare slot becomes free as other people finish the ordering process.

These extremely busy periods normally occur in the first few hours of a new game going on sale, so alternatively try again a little later when the initial rush will have died down.

Thought tickets didnt go on sale until tomorrow morning?! God help us!!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
And the ticket office has been closed allday - they were having briefings apparently - perhaps to deal with all the calls they will get tommorow!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
its been like that for weeks, even late at night and even when there weren't any matches to buy tickets for :)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
its been like that for weeks, even late at night and even when there weren't any matches to buy tickets for :)

So do you reckon it will have massive added capacity tomorrow, or are there going to be lots of frustrated fans for days on end? Not long to find out!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
So do you reckon it will have massive added capacity tomorrow, or are there going to be lots of frustrated fans for days on end? Not long to find out!!
Not sure, experience with the website so far would seem to indicate the latter - I find it strange that whilst everything else looks shiny and new the clubs web presence is not the best, however maybe I'm too pessimistic :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's f***ed! The fact they have only this evening realised that all the loyalty points are wrong says an awful lot about whoever is managing this charade.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How about waiting to see if it works tomorrow before you start using words like 'f***ed' and 'shambles'?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm pretty sure there's no need for panicking or queueing - the priority windows should prevent the need for this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe, just maybe, the club don't pay for capacity they don't need during the close season. Perhaps some think they should just so a bunch of saddoes can say 'look how many loyalty points I have'. No doubt it will be better today but still unlikely the club will pay for over capacity just so no one has to wait!!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely season ticket holders have a priority period to secure their normal seats? In which case I won't be panicking just yet.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"These extremely busy periods normally occur in the first few hours of a new game going on sale, so alternatively try again a little later when the initial rush will have died down."

How patronising is that?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
millions spent on stadium, strikers, still Mickey Mouse when it comes to selling stuff by phone. The customer service number has a recorded message saying the line does not open until 9:30...which was 9 minutes ago.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
"These extremely busy periods normally occur in the first few hours of a new game going on sale, so alternatively try again a little later when the initial rush will have died down."

How patronising is that?!

It's just spelling it out the way it is.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its f***ed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here