Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lara runs Thursday.

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
As Hola Gus says...all will be revealed at 10:30!!

First run over 695, just what we've been waiting for and I can't wait!

See you up there tonight.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Scoot, I'll gladly lend you my pass but I'd need it back for Saturday night.
You can swing past my office in the Dip where I'll be until 6pm, or I'll be on a drinkathon in the Park View from 7pm.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
3rd place tonight for Lara, but doesnt tell half the story!!!

Unfortunately 2 dogs (4 & 5) were withdrawn leaving a 4 dog race. Bookies opened up with the trap 1 an odds on jolly, and Lara priced up a huge 16/1. On that evidence it looked like Lara shouldnt have bothered to turn up!!! But we knew better.

As usual she fell out of the traps whilst the other 3 dogs sprinted away. I would say at one stage she was 25 lengths off the leader. But after 4 bends and heading up the back straight she decided it was business time and pressed the excelerator, running on to overtake a dog and finish just 2 or 3 lengths behind the winner.

Personally im over the moon with the way she run and think we can have great future racing with her, as im sure Mark, Alex and Jamie would agree.

Well done Lara, excellent effort........... And god she looks cute after racing!

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010

Unfortunately 2 dogs (4 & 5) were withdrawn leaving a 4 dog race. Bookies opened up with the trap 1 an odds on jolly, and Lara priced up a huge 16/1. On that evidence it looked like Lara shouldnt have bothered to turn up!!! But we knew better.

As usual she fell out of the traps whilst the other 3 dogs sprinted away. I would say at one stage she was 25 lengths off the leader. But after 4 bends and heading up the back straight she decided it was business time and pressed the excelerator, running on to overtake a dog and finish just 2 or 3 lengths behind the winner.

Personally im over the moon with the way she run and think we can have great future racing with her, as im sure Mark, Alex and Jamie would agree.

Well done Lara, excellent effort........... And god she looks cute after racing!

A Star is Born!!!!

scooter1

How soon is now?

I'd agree with all of that. She finished like a train, if she can get out of the traps a little better then she's going to be a winner over those, and longer distances

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I see the dog that won Lara's race (coolvanna fairy) actually runs this Thursday in a 695 OR. No matter how quick she was over 515m i seriously couldnt back it against seasoned stayers as i dont think she stays the distance well enough. Be interested to see the odds!

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I see the dog that won Lara's race (coolvanna fairy) actually runs this Thursday in a 695 OR. No matter how quick she was over 515m i seriously couldnt back it against seasoned stayers as i dont think she stays the distance well enough. Be interested to see the odds!

I agree John, be a big price I would have thought, going from a maiden.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Blue Bee is a wonderful stayer and will be odds-on I would think.
T2 is hopeless, T3 can't lead so won't win, T4 & T5 are decent but nowhere near the class of T1.
The only value may be T6 who is well drawn and has some good pace about it.
If ever there was a certainly though, I'd suggest its Blue Bee to win this race.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
OK, please scrub all of the above.
It's all true of course, but it is now saddled with Pat Kelly's NAP in the Racing Post. It's the curse of 1,000 cracked mirrors and 1,000,00 killed black cats.
If anything can get Blue Bee beaten, its PK's NAP !

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
You were spot on Biffer! 2/5 on and frigging got beat Arrrgghhhh. Trap 6 was the winner. Surprised you said trap 3 couldnt lead as i thought that was a certainty and thats exactly what happened, its the staying bit i knew Trap 3 couldnt handle!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Yep, the RP Nap strikes again!
I thought Fairy needed the rails looking at it's Irish races and would get in a mess at the 1st bend. Not seen it run here yet.
I wasn't too far off the mark though eh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here