Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v India at Lords ticket advice please

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Having promised my son that I would take him to a test match at Lords this summer I mow realise that getting tickets is very difficult!!

I can only go on the Saturday not Sunday and it's sold out on these days. So the only option seems to be eBay.

But what are the good stands and views? Don't want to pay through the nose for a below average view.

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
One of the beauties of Lords is that almost everywhere is a good view - minus the lower Compton and the other lower which the name of escapes me. Only trouble with eBay is that you'll more than likely pay way over the odds anyway, regardless of how good the seats are.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
According to the MCC and ECB sites http://www.lords.org/tickets/information-availability/ http://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/tickets-lords,225,BP.htmlthe whole game is sold out.

Alternatively you always apply to become a member and get tickets that way (eventually) http://www.lords.org/mcc/about-mcc/membership/

Lords tests are also very expensive compared to other grounds. a couple of years ago you could get to see all five days of the Old Trafford New Zealand test for less than the price of one day at the Lords test.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As FfA! says... almost anywhere has a good view... would prefer not Compton Lower or Edrich Lower, as they have a very low roof (the upper deck) which creates a bit of a letterbox effect.

Compton or Edrich Upper are your most likely... and have great views, with the iconic pavillion as a backdrop!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
grand-stand-x555-38452.jpg

at midwicket / cover, with the pavillion to your right and the Nursery End & media centre to your left.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As FfA! says... almost anywhere has a good view... would prefer not Compton Lower or Edrich Lower, as they have a very low roof (the upper deck) which creates a bit of a letterbox effect.

Compton or Edrich Upper are your most likely... and have great views, with the iconic pavillion as a backdrop!

Even the lower tier ones are bloody expensive

ENGLAND V INDIA, 2 x Cricket Tickets, 3rd day Lords | eBay UK

I may have to wait for some uppers to become available then.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Eldrich & Compton Lowers are actually a reasonable view but not a great place to sit, as said under the upper tiers, always in shade and a letterbox as said if you sit further than halfway back. The upper stands are good, an elevated view behind the bowlers arm, if it's sunny you'll be in the sun all day. Although square of the wicket I like the Grand stand & sat there by choice when general admission on the last day of the Sri Lanka test. Lower tier seems really close to the square. I think Grand, Eldrich & Compton Uppers should be considered equal in view, where's I'd want to pay less for the E&C lower stand, although I have sat there & enjoyed a good days play.

Whenever I have gone to Lords Test Matches, I have simply turned up on the day and hung about outside the ground, waiting for someone to leave early and give me (or sell me) their ticket. This has never failed.

There are an astonishing number of people who go to test matches as part of some corporate beanfeast, who feel an obligation to turn up and drink the Pimms, but who have no interest in either watching cricket for six hours or remaining all day in the company of the people who invited them.

Occasionally, there are also genuine cricket fans who are leaving early, who hate the idea of their ticket going to waste,

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whenever I have gone to Lords Test Matches, I have simply turned up on the day and hung about outside the ground, waiting for someone to leave early and give me (or sell me) their ticket. This has never failed.

There are an astonishing number of people who go to test matches as part of some corporate beanfeast, who feel an obligation to turn up and drink the Pimms, but who have no interest in either watching cricket for six hours or remaining all day in the company of the people who invited them.

Occasionally, there are also genuine cricket fans who are leaving early, who hate the idea of their ticket going to waste,

I think if it was just me I would give this a go for sure, as I'd heard this is a good strategy. However the thought of hanging around with Giraffe Junior for a few hours is putting me off!

Are there many touts around on the day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here