Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkamp joins Brighton

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
Might be Fixtures, but according to Dutch website VI.nl we've signed Roland Bergkamp from Dutch side Excelsior.

I've seen him play couple of times. Think he will be class!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nice!

Roland Bergkamp tekent nog deze week een contract bij Brighton & Hove Albion, dat uitkomt in het Championship. De twintigjarige Bergkamp miste maandag de eerste training van Excelsior, waar hij in twee seizoenen 54 wedstrijden speelde en acht keer scoorde.

De spits had bij Excelsior een aflopend contract en bezocht vorige week het Amex Stadium. Bovendien voerde hij een uitgebreid gesprek met de manager van The Seagulls, Gustavo Poyet.

De club uit de fraaie Engelse kustplaats werd afgelopen seizoen kampioen van de League One en promoveerde daardoor naar de Championship. (Martijn Krabbendam)

Dutch to English translation

Roland Bergkamp signed this week a contract with Brighton & Hove Albion, which plays in the Championship. Bergkamp missed the Monday the twenty-first session of the Excelsior, where he played 54 games in two seasons and scored eight times.

The striker had a contract expires at Excelsior and visited last week the Amex Stadium. He also carried an extensive interview with the manager of The Seagulls, Gustavo Poyet.

:cool:The club from the beautiful English seaside town:cool:was the champion last season, League One and thereby promoted to the Championship. (Martijn Krabbendam)

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4190751 said:
Any relation?

Nephew according to Wiki. While, arguably more importantly, his dad is Orthopedic ongolist at his current club Excelsior

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wow! Top find.

Apparently he's been capped for Netherlands u21s, as recent as March 2011. :eek:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
ooooooooooohhh.... interesting... not many goals but who knows... ahs played eredevisie and assume thats about championship standard excepting the big boys?

Werner

Aug 21, 2009
Deventer NL
I'll translate it.
Ronald Bergkamp will sing a contract with Championshipt team Brighton and Hove Albion this week. The twenty year old didn't join Excelsior during their first training. In two seasons he played 54 games and scored 8 goals.

The Excelsior forward is out of contract and visited the Amex Stadium last week. He also spoke to Seagulls manager Gustavo Poyet.

THe club from the beautiful English southcoast became League One champion last year and got promoted to the Championship

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
International career

He earned his first call-up for the Netherlands national under-21 football team for an friendly game against Germany national under-21 football team and made in the game on 25 March 2011 his debut.[4]

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4190762 said:
If we've truly signed any relation to my fave player of all time, I will spontaneously combust right now.
I'm with you there, man.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here