Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knoll school for boys hove

boys29

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Did anyone on here ever go to the Knoll school for boys , old shoreham road in hove between 1971 and 1976 ? if so who are you and can you remember any of the teachers ? oh my name is Kevin Jackson by the way ( there are lots of people i would like to say hello to again and also sorry !!! .:thumbsup:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Did anyone on here ever go to the Knoll school for boys , old shoreham road in hove between 1971 and 1976 ? if so who are you and can you remember any of the teachers ? oh my name is Kevin Jackson by the way ( there are lots of people i would like to say hello to again and also sorry !!! .:thumbsup:

I was due to start there when we moved away from Hove having just finished at Knoll Infants..., must have been 71 or 72

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Knollditz

Got a strange affection for it, I left there in 76 (hot summer) and my brov 10yrs before me. It was a rough place, the only thing it done for me was teach me to fight(some might disagree). The teachers were bullies. Mutton, Hacket, Zebady and others. Last of the Dickens style schools I imagine. I like the bit on the end of your post about being "sorry". anyway I can be seen in the Pallookerville shirt in the Vid. Sos about spellings but after all It was the Knoll! :glare:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Got a strange affection for it, I left there in 76 (hot summer) and my brov 10yrs before me. It was a rough place, the only thing it done for me was teach me to fight(some might disagree). The teachers were bullies. Mutton, Hacket, Zebady and others. Last of the Dickens style schools I imagine. I like the bit on the end of your post about being "sorry". anyway I can be seen in the Pallookerville shirt in the Vid. Sos about spellings but after all It was the Knoll! :glare:

blimey I have just played that full belt
the knoll was just along the road from us at Cottesmore now Cardinal Newman and we had some great banter with them in the late 50s and early 60s
fantastic vid by the way where did that come from and why have I not seen it before

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Cheers Glasfryn, late 50's 60's, that dates u a wee bit, I remember Cottesmore, they compined with Del La Sell or something. The band is putting a set together now, played a couple of support gigs in Btn but hope to have a full set in the Autumn. Going to have a Btn feel about it, bit of Who stuff ect...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Banter you call it Glas. It always rained (probably) on that muddy field that was an excuse for Cottesmore's pitch. You big girls blouses from the 70's, you didn't have the pleasure of crossing Jack Liddell he had gone to sort out the effeminate lot at the Grammar school by then Knoll-b.jpg

Here he is, in the middle, in the white tracksuit. :whistle:
That's me, 2nd row down, forth from the left. :cool:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Now I remember Jack Liddell 71-76 at the Grammar - as if he wasn't frightening enough, they used to give him the starting gun at the swimming gala :ohmy:

What do you mean - effeminate !

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Jack Liddell was frightening as a teacher. Remember one lad involved in a chewing-gum incident that was legendary in our class/year. Met him in 86 during a re-union. What a pussy he really was. A nice guy - even bought me a beer.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Former member 1970-75, I can still feel the stinging on my hands from the cane of Jack Mutton !!!! Some bloody hard teachers there, needed to be, but favourite has to be Charlie McNeill. Some great characters, some now unfortunately no longer with us. The days when you had to stand up or be bullied for the whole of your school years.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Banter you call it Glas. It always rained (probably) on that muddy field that was an excuse for Cottesmore's pitch. You big girls blouses from the 70's, you didn't have the pleasure of crossing Jack Liddell he had gone to sort out the effeminate lot at the Grammar school by thenView attachment 25772

Here he is, in the middle, in the white tracksuit. :whistle:
That's me, 2nd row down, forth from the left. :cool:

hello mate how are you all this waiting for new players in getting a little tedious.
I thought the light had reignited at the end of the tunnel Thursday a very keen couple looking at glasfryn towers heard nothing since though.
yes you are right it did rain nearly every match and the water used to run off very quickly due to the camber on the pitch.
good times though

dcr21

Feb 28, 2009
HOVE ACTUALLY
Jack Liddell was a true legend at Hove Grammar........got caught in one of his maths lessons doing an impersonation of him when he was out the room....trouble was he was looking through the window at the time!

Remember once when every board rubber from around HGS were pinched and put ready for Jack's lesson. We all waited for the reaction with bated breath, but he did reveal a sense of humour when he discovered them all.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
I remember Jack Liddell at Secondary Tech he made me run round the football pitches for an hour because I forgot mt school cap.

He was an excellent maths teacher and I owe my GCE pass to him

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Photo brings back memories. Thats half of me second from bottom row on the left. I see Jack Liddell was wearing his best track suit for the photo, the one he wore for PE lessons had more holes than a golf course!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Photo brings back memories. Thats half of me second from bottom row on the left. I see Jack Liddell was wearing his best track suit for the photo, the one he wore for PE lessons had more holes than a golf course!

Knoll-c.jpg

Here is the left hand piece of the picture. Were you a first or second year?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think I am 3rd year, so 1960 or less probably 1959.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here