Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
apparently you're in for him

a strange transfer saga this and a lot of bullshitting from posh and fry

You can't blame him, if you removed your canary tinted spectacles you would see he is only trying to get the best deal possible.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
i can't say i'm too bothered but you don't often see transfer sagas like this where a club invents bids and says half the clubs in the country are very interested!

tho we did have a decent bid in for him in january and posh moved the goalposts so we pulled out

they are probably struggling to find a similar bid now

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think we would have tried to get him if there wasn't EPL teams after him. So not that far-fetched.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
rumours he was speaking with you at the weekend

strange he's been allowed to speak to so many clubs when no bids have been accepted!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

strange he's been allowed to speak to so many clubs when no bids have been accepted!

Peterborough have already said he's being sold so what CMS does in his summer holidays won't bother them.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Strange one, Posh fans seem to think we're in for him as well but why would he chose us if, as rumoured, PL teams have made offers. I also think 3m is too much if that's what we're supposedly offering Posh for him as suggested. He would be a straight up swap and improvement on Murray though.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
10 goals in The Championship isn't worth anywhere near 3 million. Fair enough it was his debut season for the worst team in the division but the money being talked about is madness for a 27 year old.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I would be amazed if he chose us over some of the other clubs allegedly after him.

But he is exactly the type of player we need - a hardworking, pacy striker.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Well, it would be, but.....Posh accept three bids for Mackail-Smith - Peterborough United - Peterborough Evening Telegraph

"Posh have now accepted bids believed to be in the region of £3 million from three clubs for the 27 year-old. Mackail-Smith is scheduled to hold talks with two Premier League clubs and a Championship side this week."

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So according to the Skybet we are 2nd favourites to sign CMS at 7/1...QPR fav at 13/8
Alan Smith,we are 2nd fav at 10/1.

Can't see us matching

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I can imagine we are the championship club, however at his age why would he sign for us when he has a chance to play in the prem.

Would love him to sign, but with prem clubs in for him I just cant see it

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
i can't say i'm too bothered but you don't often see transfer sagas like this where a club invents bids and says half the clubs in the country are very interested!

tho we did have a decent bid in for him in january and posh moved the goalposts so we pulled out

they are probably struggling to find a similar bid now

I would expect there to be a problem for the carrot crunchers because after CMS's performance last season, they are not going to be able to get him cheaply, which is obviously their norm.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
he is a poor mans dirk kuyt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here