Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm dipping into The Rewatchables from time to time - 3 apparently notable American podcasters take 90mins to discuss great films of the past, 70s onwards; it can be very interesting but it's flabby - I have problems with the 'US-style' of a lot of American podcasts to be honest, so it's not just these guys. Though for an American take on Midnight Run, Godfather, Jaws etc, it's pretty decent background noise to whatever you're doing at the same time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm dipping into The Rewatchables from time to time - 3 apparently notable American podcasters take 90mins to discuss great films of the past, 70s onwards; it can be very interesting but it's flabby - I have problems with the 'US-style' of a lot of American podcasts to be honest, so it's not just these guys. Though for an American take on Midnight Run, Godfather, Jaws etc, it's pretty decent background noise to whatever you're doing at the same time.

I've been listening to those (now can't find my post bringing it to NSC!)

If it's a film that's ever been on your radar, you must listen to the Con Air episode.

Simmons starts with:-

"This is the greatest film ever made" :lol:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Big fan of the relatively new Off Menu podcast with Ed Gamble and James Acaster

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
As ever I am absurdly late to the party, but holy ****ing heck isn't Hardcore History just the most fantastic podcast.

Wonderful storytelling and a lovely blend of the wide-ranging and the microspecific.

Jul 7, 2003
Shagged, Married, Annoyed is the new podcast from comedian Chris Ramsey and his wife Rosie. Worth a listen.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
With all the serial killer documentaries lately The Last Podcast On The Left is a good one. You will either love it or hate it though, their humour is very much no inbetween you either go with it or turn it off within 30 mins. However their research is top notch and they keep it clear that these people are proper scumbags.

Jonestown
Bundy
Gacy
English Serial Killers
HH Holmes
Jack The Ripper

Are all some really fun ones.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
An audiobook on Audible , which I joined a couple of months ago and have found to be well worth the money, Miles Jupp’s Fibber in the Heat . All about how he blagged his way onto a Test Match tour in India by tenuously setting himself up as BBC Scotland’s cricket correspondent. It’s fantastic.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
The True Geordie podcast is really good. Some interesting guests but also lately some well known ones, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer etc.

The Kieron Dyer one is especially good in my opinion!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Russell Brand on Radio X. Its absolutely idiotic. But ridiculously entertaining. Churchill voice.

"Majesty....your late father and I, during those long winter nights, would we stalk the marble halls of the mansion amongst the frost, searching for a hound...and upon finding one, Majesty, we would take an emery board from within a coat pocket, and file the beasts penis down, 'till it was smooth and compliant, exposing the honeycomb membrane..."

Its...odd. But strangely compelling

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Chart Music is just fantastic- a critique of an old episode of top of the pops together with a discussion of what life was like when the episode was on. This months has a brilliant chat about the demise of Melody Maker . Clocks in at 4 hours long as well [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just listened to the most recent episode of:-

The Cryptid Factor

Rhys Darby, Dan Schreiber, David Farrier and 'Buttons' bring you The Cryptid Factor - a show dedicated to the weird and the wonderful, and in particular, Cryptozoology.

https://soundcloud.com/the-cryptid-factor

It was very funny and somewhat silly.
I've instantly downloaded their previous episode and I'm sure I'll work my way through the entire back catalogue.

Since getting a new phone a few weeks ago, I decided to download the BBC Sounds app to check out a few podcasts on there that I'd not got round to checking out before.

Really enjoyed Blood On The Tracks. How much you enjoy Colin Murray could sway your enjoyment, but as a regular Fighting Talk listener I quite enjoy his style and on every episode of this series he always got a good group of people together to discuss some great music. Also binged a few episodes of That Peter Crouch podcast, which is very funny with Crouch telling some great stories - well worth a listen.

A non-BBC podcast that might not have been mentioned on this thread (Haven't had a chance to look back) is Hardcore Listings, which is part of Scroobius Pip's Distraction Pieces Network. It's basically two of Pip's mates coming up with random Top 5 lists to discuss, usually with a guest from the music or entertainment world who joins them and comes up with their own list.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Russell Brand on Radio X. Its absolutely idiotic. But ridiculously entertaining. Churchill voice.

"Majesty....your late father and I, during those long winter nights, would we stalk the marble halls of the mansion amongst the frost, searching for a hound...and upon finding one, Majesty, we would take an emery board from within a coat pocket, and file the beasts penis down, 'till it was smooth and compliant, exposing the honeycomb membrane..."

Its...odd. But strangely compelling
Can't stand the bloke. Won't give him my time

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just listened to the most recent episode of:-

The Cryptid Factor

Rhys Darby, Dan Schreiber, David Farrier and 'Buttons' bring you The Cryptid Factor - a show dedicated to the weird and the wonderful, and in particular, Cryptozoology.

https://soundcloud.com/the-cryptid-factor

It was very funny and somewhat silly.
I've instantly downloaded their previous episode and I'm sure I'll work my way through the entire back catalogue.

Yep as I thought, I've so far backtracked 4 previous episodes, this is a very funny podcast and I strongly recommend it to the house.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here