Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Gossipmongers is back with season 4.

David and Joe rather unceremoniously kicked out Poppy so the dynamic has shifted dramatically. It's now just two weird blokes trying to outdo each other.

She's got a new podcast though, 'Poppy Hillstead Has Entered The Chat', that's supposedly pretty decent.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Catching up with Hardcore History: Supernova in the East which is as long, detailed and intense as you'd expect and it's really great.

David and Joe rather unceremoniously kicked out Poppy so the dynamic has shifted dramatically. It's now just two weird blokes trying to outdo each other.

She's got a new podcast though, 'Poppy Hillstead Has Entered The Chat', that's supposedly pretty decent.

If what Poppy wrote regarding her being kicked from the podcast is true (and I've no reason not to believe her) then it was incredibly shady of them to do that. Conveniently decided to boot her just as they decided to monetise the podcast further by setting up a Patreon, the subscribers of which they have been losing in droves since she put out her tweet outing them for their sh!tty behaviour.

Honestly, the pair of them have royally screwed up one of the best podcasts going with their selfishness. Listened to the first episode of Season 4, but like you said, the continual one-upmanship of crap gags from the pair after the stories has taken precedence over the stories, and the dynamic of two white men trying to be funny wasn't what the pod was about. Done with those prize twats now.

Have binged through the first season of PHHETC. Not on the same level as peak Mongers, but a fun concept and definitely worth a listen.

Link to Poppy's tweet that addresses everything: https://twitter.com/poppyhillstead/status/1305453760081285120?s=20

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If what Poppy wrote regarding her being kicked from the podcast is true (and I've no reason not to believe her) then it was incredibly shady of them to do that. Conveniently decided to boot her just as they decided to monetise the podcast further by setting up a Patreon, the subscribers of which they have been losing in droves since she put out her tweet outing them for their sh!tty behaviour.

Honestly, the pair of them have royally screwed up one of the best podcasts going with their selfishness. Listened to the first episode of Season 4, but like you said, the continual one-upmanship of crap gags from the pair after the stories has taken precedence over the stories, and the dynamic of two white men trying to be funny wasn't what the pod was about. Done with those prize twats now.

Have binged through the first season of PHHETC. Not on the same level as peak Mongers, but a fun concept and definitely worth a listen.

Link to Poppy's tweet that addresses everything: https://twitter.com/poppyhillstead/status/1305453760081285120?s=20

Thanks for that - it all passed me by, such a shame.

Thanks for that - it all passed me by, such a shame.

No problem. Was the same for me until Poppy sent her tweet. Says a lot about the quality of her character that she was quite willing to just move on and get on with her new podcast until lots of Gossipmongers listeners asked why she wasn't on it anymore.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Wizard and the Bruiser is good for pop culture, films, comic characters etc.

Last Podcast on the Left. Some unusual subjects, the serial killer series is as gruesome as it is interesting.

History of the Crusades. Explanatory.

History in the Bible. Very interesting, takes the topic from an objective viewpoint with some good insights.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gossipmongers is back with season 4.

Noooooooooooo shit decision. Her ‘errrrrms’ made for great laughs. Gutted.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Been looking for a comprehensive Pod cast on this, 3 episodes in so far, very good. TY

It's a good example of how important content is. A lot of podcasters focus on the audio quality etc, however good content is the key. As a podcaster I always cite this one as a great example. It's not that the audio is bad (it isn't) but you can tell the presenter has her content well structured and it flows. Tricky given all the sub narrratives going on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From The Oasthouse- the new Alan Partridge podcast.

Really enjoying it so far but then again I like that sort of thing :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that via Auduble? Or can it be found elsewhere? (for free)

It is via Audible, yes. There's a 28 day free trial, however, so I figure I can easily listen to the series in that time (they're mostly about 25 minutes I think) and then cancel before they start charging me :thumbsup:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It is via Audible, yes. There's a 28 day free trial, however, so I figure I can easily listen to the series in that time (they're mostly about 25 minutes I think) and then cancel before they start charging me :thumbsup:

I do actually subscribe to Audible, but it brings out a mean streak in me meaning that I only use my monthly credit for books/pods over 10 hours long. Sounds daft I know but I can't change my way on this:lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Classic Desert Island Disc ...Liz Smith from 2008....found success at 50 ..things like how she bought her first house....and her life in general ..I found very interesting ..respect

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some legend on here suggested ‘the offensive’ - whoever it was thanks so much - brilliant. I’m a few months behind but pretty sure [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] has just featured heavily on episode 73/74 - bloody funny and few Albion references in there. But why did you say footballing side like palace or Brighton?! Is your mate on it Palace?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Taskmaster starts tonight, on Chl 4.

There is an accompanying Podcast hosted by Ed Gamble.

Oh and Quickly Kevin is back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been a good boy for a few weeks but I can't not bring this too the masses.

This week's Rewatchables is:-

81OFxf4vPxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Despite the subject matter I find this (and most police/press procedural) film absolutely captivating.

I'm listening now and am halfway through this deep dive into the film.
The panel are two and a half Bostonians who were right there as it landed.

I strongly commend this too the house.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/10/2...ith-bill-simmons-chris-ryan-and-ryen-russillo

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Real Crime Profile - for anyone with an interest in true crime/serial killers/notorious crimes etc, it is a very very in depth examination of the behavioural profiles of the perpetrators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here