Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Chatabix. From the fellas that do the fantastic GossipMongers pod.

"Joe Wilkinson and David Earl work together every day and so have decided to record the first 25 minutes of the morning. Apologies in advance for lack of structure, central idea and anything else that might irritate".

Wilkinson is a Brighton resident.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread has just had it's 10th birthday.

#1 references Answer Me This.

Helen & Ollie have just announced that after 15 years, 05.08.21 will be the last ever episode.

Well done them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
just started listening to SMARTLESS - Jason Bateman/Will Arnet/Sean Hayes chatting with a different guest each week.

[TWEET]1399370184599621635[/TWEET]

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Had a quick look at previous pages on this thread and couldn't see anyone mention the High Performance podcast with Jake Humphrey and Damian Hughes. Some really interesting episodes mostly sport but alos business people. The Casper Schmeichel, Sean Dyche and Steve Sallis episodes are really good. Steve Sallis is from Whitehawk and was on Brightons books for a short time.

https://open.spotify.com/show/3WKI7p6tuq6kJRw1xfRS7Q?si=FV9uWQNzSLeuXoyPKTIFBQ

Steve is a good guy.. very helpful to me a few years ago with advice... think he was at millwall then. top bloke and really pleased all has taken off for him.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Last night I dipped my toe into the 21st century and paid £8 to watch The Socially Distant Sports Bar podcast on dice.FM.

I've been binge-listening to this for a few months and would have loved to have recommended it to you here but was (am still-ish) in the middle of a self-ban from NSC. Don't ask.

I love this, absolutely love it. On the downside, it has killed Quickly Kevin, and the Peter Crouch podcast, and most other sports podcasts, for me. Elis James, Mike Bubbins and "the other bloke" are at the top of their game.

This got me hooked lined and sinkered (10 mins) - https://www.distantpod.com/listen/episode/49d83e6a/trailer-the-story-so-far

This is the link to everything they talk about every week (two youtube clips each, a sports doc and a book) - https://sociallydistantsports.bar/

It is all quite superb.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been binge-listening to this for a few months and would have loved to have recommended it to you here but was (am still-ish) in the middle of a self-ban from NSC. Don't ask.

I love this, absolutely love it. On the downside, it has killed Quickly Kevin, and the Peter Crouch podcast, and most other sports podcasts, for me. Elis James, Mike Bubbins and "the other bloke" are at the top of their game.

This got me hooked lined and sinkered (10 mins) - https://www.distantpod.com/listen/episode/49d83e6a/trailer-the-story-so-far

This is the link to everything they talk about every week (two youtube clips each, a sports doc and a book) - https://sociallydistantsports.bar/

It is all quite superb.

Me and jnr are going to the live show straight after the Leicester game, should be a good day out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah you lucky so and so. I hope they're as good live. Do report back (l'm not an early adopter, rather a late taker-upper).

Yeah it's all worked out quite well.
I was initially a bit gutted to have missed the Saturday show, first night of the first tour.

But it all rather fell into place when the fixtures were released.

I've had a few 'chats' with Bubs on Twitter and he's yet to call me a dildo, which is nice.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Top Flight Time Machine with Sam Delaney has been my comfort blanket for the last 18 months - ex Brighton resident and absolute legend

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On ReReHeat eve, The Rewatchables are playing Escape To Victory for ep 199.

Come on people - a mixed of comedy gold and arthritis inducing toe curling as only Americans can do with soccer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I just came on here to recommend that one. Feel like it’s right up Stat’s street. George Clooney’s cat shit story is gold.

Yeah listened to them all in about a week!

moved on to Dax Shepard's Pod Armchair Expert.
Not as good (IMO) but very similar.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
For Band of Brothers fans, HBO are currently doing an 11 part podcast covering each episode plus a prologue with non other than Tom Hanks. Each episode has an interview with an actor/writer/director etc. Other than Hanks, they have so far had Ron Livingston (Nixon) and the writer and director of ep 2 and next week I see Dale Dye is on which should be good. The presenter has a very annoying style and treats each question like a West End production but other than that it's a really good listen so far. I think Damien Lewis is down for an ep as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not made time for RHLSTP for quite a while.

This week's episode is with TimKey, I'm glad I tuned in.

TimKey is the perfect foil for a Rich's interviewing style, I strongly recommend it to the house.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
How and Why histories. Not quite sure how they popped on my podcast listening but they are excellent potted (30 minute) histories. Recent listens are Boer War, Oliver Cromwell,, and Genghis Khan. Usually listen to a few on way to and form Amex from deepest Dorset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here