Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pies

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just been to Shoreham with my lunch buddy Uter and visited The Beach House where Piglet's Pantry sell their fayre. I tested the steak and ale pie which was excellent, herby crust, generous meat filling and reasonably priced.

I have also purchased the rest of the range which is currently sitting in my kitchen. I'll update you as I work my way through them, although I have subcontracted the vegetarian number to my wife.

The owner, Jo, is a lovely lady and I had a long chat with her about the pies, the Albion and the future for her business.

I really hope these are a major success.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have just been to Shoreham with my lunch buddy Uter and visited The Beach House where Piglet's Pantry sell their fayre. I tested the steak and ale pie which was excellent, herby crust, generous meat filling and reasonably priced.

I have also purchased the rest of the range which is currently sitting in my kitchen. I'll update you as I work my way through them, although I have subcontracted the vegetarian number to my wife.

The owner, Jo, is a lovely lady and I had a long chat with her about the pies, the Albion and the future for her business.

How much do they cost?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will we be allowed to buy them in the North Stand, or will that be a "pie dry" stand? And why has no-one mentioned the most pressing issue? FORKS.

It was mentioned when the pie story broke. Son of pie maker claims the pies to be of a consistency that means there is no need for any fork action.

It's a bold claim, I grant you.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was mentioned when the pie story broke. Son of pie maker claims the pies to be of a consistency that means there is no need for any fork action.

It's a bold claim, I grant you.

This calls for an NSC controlled tasting under fork-free laboratory conditions

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Really can't see her input about the albion being too great, unless she actually listens to half the things I say

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This calls for an NSC controlled tasting under fork-free laboratory conditions

This bold claim holds true.

Me and Uter sat on a bench in the church gardens and ate a pie each with no cutlery or even a serviette for that matter. Neither of us had a problem. A brief lick of the lips at the end was all that was needed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£1.50 Small
£2.00 Large Veg
£2.50 Large Chicken or Steak

I understand there is going to be a mark up at the ground though. They will be a little more than the prices in the cafe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really can't see her input about the albion being too great, unless she actually listens to half the things I say

Can you ask her to not sell tea or any other drinks that require purchasers to faff about unduly? Don't want to be stuck in a Withdean-style mega-queue, unable to reach AMEX pies!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It was more to do with the stadium and the facilities to be honest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here