Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon jeanne

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Yeah think he's welsh, ex QPR and Cardiff, got banged up for something years ago i think ?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Bath City's finest......:lol:

number9

Jun 8, 2011
I can confirm that Leon Jeanne will be spending pre-season with Brighton. Leon was tipped for stardom 10 years ago at QPR and was heralded as the next George Best. Having won their young player of the year award he fell into drink and drug addiction and eventually moved back to Cardiff in an attempt to resurrect his career. Leon was an immediate hit with fans but again fell victim to addiction and after several attempts to get clean he was forced to leave the game. Over the course of the last 7 years Leon struggled with addiction, became clinically depressed and as a result put on a lot of weight. Two years ago Leon sought counselling and finally conquered his demons.

Putting his past behind him he has been determined to make a comeback and as such hired a personal trainer and lost 4 stone. He joined Bath City in December to get some match practice but despite setting up 2 goals in a 10 minute cameo on his debut he found he was not yet fit enough to last 90 minutes. As a result Leon was loaned to Cinderford Town. Leon is now nearing full fitness and following recomendations from Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy, Gus Poyet has offered Leon the chance to earn a contract with Brighton. It's a big ask but ask any Cardiff and QPR fan about him and they will say that he is one of the most talented players they have ever seen. In Crouch's autobiography he even states that Leon is up there with the best he has played with. If Brighton can get him 100% fit quickly then you will have a hell of a player on your hands. I hope you do as Leon once threatened to be one of the top players in the country but bad luck and addiction has stalled his progress up until now!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is this a wind up?

On his wiki page there is a corrupted link dated 2009 that reads 'seagulls release midfielder jeanne' ?

Last edited:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I can confirm that Leon Jeanne will be spending pre-season with Brighton. Leon was tipped for stardom 10 years ago at QPR and was heralded as the next George Best. Having won their young player of the year award he fell into drink and drug addiction and eventually moved back to Cardiff in an attempt to resurrect his career. Leon was an immediate hit with fans but again fell victim to addiction and after several attempts to get clean he was forced to leave the game. Over the course of the last 7 years Leon struggled with addiction, became clinically depressed and as a result put on a lot of weight. Two years ago Leon sought counselling and finally conquered his demons.

Putting his past behind him he has been determined to make a comeback and as such hired a personal trainer and lost 4 stone. He joined Bath City in December to get some match practice but despite setting up 2 goals in a 10 minute cameo on his debut he found he was not yet fit enough to last 90 minutes. As a result Leon was loaned to Cinderford Town. Leon is now nearing full fitness and following recomendations from Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy, Gus Poyet has offered Leon the chance to earn a contract with Brighton. It's a big ask but ask any Cardiff and QPR fan about him and they will say that he is one of the most talented players they have ever seen. In Crouch's autobiography he even states that Leon is up there with the best he has played with. If Brighton can get him 100% fit quickly then you will have a hell of a player on your hands. I hope you do as Leon once threatened to be one of the top players in the country but bad luck and addiction has stalled his progress up until now!

If this is true then good luck to him.

number9

Jun 8, 2011
No. Leon will be reporting for pre-season and Gus is giving him the opportunity. I know it is surreal but give him a chance. He's slogged his guts out to get fit and is currently undergoing a mini pre-season in Cardiff. He is lightning quick and has unbelievable skill levels. If 100% fit he could quite easily be one of the top players in the championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No. Leon will be reporting for pre-season and Gus is giving him the opportunity. I know it is surreal but give him a chance. He's slogged his guts out to get fit and is currently undergoing a mini pre-season in Cardiff. He is lightning quick and has unbelievable skill levels. If 100% fit he could quite easily be one of the top players in the championship.

Welcome to NSC Leon, the last Leon we had was very talented but a bundle of trouble as well. It all ended in tears.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Don't get me wrong, if this is true then best of luck to him. Wonder what the 'seagulls' link is about on wikipedia though?

number9

Jun 8, 2011
Welcome to NSC Leon, the last Leon we had was very talented but a bundle of trouble as well. It all ended in tears.

The only person Leon has ever caused trouble for is himself. He is not a bad person but just had a hard upbringing and addiction issues. He is generally very well liked and will certainly not be bad for dressing room morale

number9

Jun 8, 2011
This quote is from former Swindon and Bristol City player, Christian Roberts', autobiography:

“Growing up Leon was an unbelievable talent, by far the most promising player in Cardiff and in all honesty probably Wales, if not all of the UK. He was a phenomenon! All of the big clubs were chasing him and I fully expected him to become a mega star. I’ll make a big statement here but I truly believe it, on the basis of sheer talent Leon was better than Craig Bellamy.

For as long as I live I will never forget the time we both played for Wales Under 21’s against Belarus together, he was untouchable that night. Their defenders couldn’t handle him and in the end they must have had four players trying to man mark him but he skinned them all. Out of all the pros I have played with over the years he is still the most talented. The way his career has turned out is an absolute tragedy but I know he still harbours dreams of making a comeback and I hope someone gives him a chance as I still think he has the magic in him”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here