Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

possible interest ? EASTENDERS , BBC STUDIOS , ELSTREE

boys29

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Was in Elstree the other day working in the local shopping area , on my break i went for a stroll , not knowing the area just walked about aimlessly then came across a sign that said BBC ELSTREE ? it was just a simple road that looked like it was going into an industrial estate ( very untidy etc not the big hollywood look at all ) i walked down the road and spoke to a girl waiting there , she said she comes here a lot to get autographs from the Eastenders cast that come in and out of the studio , being a saddo i waited there also and within the hour i had spoken to Fat Boy , Max and Ryan , it was really sureal as they were just coming out to get lunch from the local shops just as if they were coming out of a factory ! also saw a lot of the cast from Holby City but dont know there character names.

What was also quite strange was that the whole of Albert Square and surrounding outside set is smack bang in the middle of a housing estate , it littruly backs on to peoples back gardens ! anyone else been up there ?:smile:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
nope .

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Was in Elstree the other day working in the local shopping area , on my break i went for a stroll , not knowing the area just walked about aimlessly then came across a sign that said BBC ELSTREE ? it was just a simple road that looked like it was going into an industrial estate ( very untidy etc not the big hollywood look at all ) i walked down the road and spoke to a girl waiting there , she said she comes here a lot to get autographs from the Eastenders cast that come in and out of the studio , being a saddo i waited there also and within the hour i had spoken to Fat Boy , Max and Ryan , it was really sureal as they were just coming out to get lunch from the local shops just as if they were coming out of a factory ! also saw a lot of the cast from Holby City but dont know there character names.

What was also quite strange was that the whole of Albert Square and surrounding outside set is smack bang in the middle of a housing estate , it littruly backs on to peoples back gardens ! anyone else been up there ?:smile:

Yes, I lived in Elstree/ Borehamwood for 5 years. Always used to see the Eastenders cast around the town and some from Holby city.

Just down the road is the Elstree studios where they film Big Brother, Who Wants to be a millionaire and other TV programmes, plenty of opportunity to see Z list celebs if you are in to that sort of thing! In the past a lot of famous films were made there e.g Star Wars, Indian Jones, Superman, the Shinning etc. Elstree Studios - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think they were talking about moving the BBC set somewhere else as the Elstree one is getting old and the HD broadcast is showing up all the imperfections.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Yup. Work around there sometimes....main Elstree Studios are in Borehamwood town centre, which is adjacent to Elstree...is that where you are describing?

Saw actor Ian Hart coming out of a charity shop in the town once (helping buy props no doubt!)

They also film Big Brother there (a programme I despise) and have often seen large clusters of fuckwitted teens and pre-teens queuing up to grab their spot in screeching distance when an 'eviction' is (presumably) due to take place.

Truly depressing!

The studios themselves do look very unremarkable indeed, but are deceptively spacious I believe.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
They also film Big Brother there (a programme I despise) and have often seen large clusters of fuckitted teens and pre-teens queuing up to grab their spot in screeching distance when an 'eviction' is (presumably) due to take place.

Truly depressing!

There are some proper freaks/ saddos in that Big Brother queue!

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Not meaning to be boring about the declining standards of written English etc but was there ever even a slight chance of "littruly" being the correct spelling of the word you were grasping for there? Very poor. Must do better.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
My sister-in-law has a doctor's practice in Borehamwood, down the road. She has a number of Eastenders actors/actresses as patients. Apparently there is a whole town set out in the studio complex, with London bus stops, etc. Sticking up a ladder and looking in was listed as something to do in a book of uncommon British days out, as you cannot visit the set. Why you'd want to do that I can't think, but never mind, whatever suits you I suppose.

1066gull

Can confirm Shona Mcgarty AND Melissa Suffield have regular visited Brighton.

They are very friendly with my mate Stephanie Scarlett, who just is a top top guy who has pretty much seen and done everything and hes only in his thirties.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Can confirm Shona Mcgarty AND Melissa Suffield have regular visited Brighton.

They are very friendly with my mate Stephanie Scarlett, who just is a top top guy who has pretty much seen and done everything and hes only in his thirties.

Your friend, hes called Stephanie???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here