Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are their any decent beaches with Rock Pools in Sussex?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I want to take my little kids to the seaside and let them experiance looking at Rock Pools and finding various creatures, used to love doing it as a kid, but that was always in Cornwall or Devon. Dont know if there are any suitable beaches around here?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Used to do that at Kingston beach in Shoreham - by the arm next to the lifeboat station.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The rockpools at Rottingdean are good. Sister and I have managed to harvest many prawns from there - and easy parking too if that's a consideration.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The rockpools at Rottingdean are good. Sister and I have managed to harvest many prawns from there - and easy parking too if that's a consideration.

That's where I used to go as a child, we would park on the side of the road outside St Dunstans.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I want to take my little kids to the seaside and let them experiance looking at Rock Pools and finding various creatures, used to love doing it as a kid, but that was always in Cornwall or Devon. Dont know if there are any suitable beaches around here?

Anywhere between Black Rock (Brighton Marina) & Saltdean at low tide.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That's where I used to go as a child, we would park on the side of the road outside St Dunstans.

That's a bit further along from where I've tried. In fact right at the bottom of the High Street and of course there is a good beach there too as well as the usual attractions - pubs, chippy other shops etc.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
People are answering the "rock pool" part of the original question. I can't help thinking, though, that the "decent beach" element is being neglected.

Also he's asking for "any suitable beaches around here".
Not in Crawley, I would say.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
if you park at saltdean lido , walk down the steps to the beach , you have 2 sandy beaches at low tide and either side of those have some great rockpools to explore , these tend to be unbroken rock so obviously very slippery to walk across . St dunstans as mac said has easy park and access down to the sea but i dont think there are any sandy beaches there , if you are taking the kids onto the sand buy them some flipfops or jelly shoes as there are a huge amount of weavers around at the moment ,stand on them in barefeet and spend the rest of the day in A&E .

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Cuckmere Haven is good if you don't mind the long walk from the car parks on the A259, you can either go under Seaford Head or the end of the Seven Sisters. Also Newhaven to the west of the breakwater which has a car park (£2 charge though) right next to the beach. Agree with Taybha, Saltdean would probably be ideal, free car park next to Lido, close to the tunnel under the A259 for easy access plus there is a decent cafe on the promenade should you require refreshment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here