Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D/J Johnnie Walker.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Like many here have heard him many times,never knew he was on Caroline however like 'whispering' Bob and the late John Peel he knows his stuff. From what i have Youtubed maybe the return of offshore free radio would not be a bad thing ? :shrug:

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Listen to excellent Johnnie Walker Seventies show on Sundays-interestingly his email address has the word 'pirate' in it.

What helped those pirates be 'good', was the excellent music that was around at the time.
On the whole they didn't play album tracks back then - but at least it wasn't the crap number 1 novelty single twice every hour.

Paul Gambachini and John Peel were best, in the 70's imho.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Johnnie Walker has always been a breath of fresh air on radio ever since his days on Radio Caroline South. Top bloke!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Johnnie Walker has always been a breath of fresh air on radio ever since his days on Radio Caroline South. Top bloke!

Absolutely this, always been eclectic in his tastes.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My favourite is Dave Cash who does the Radio Sussex/Surrey etc on Saturday evenings he was another from the 'pirates'.

He used to do a show with Kenny Everett on Radio London (that's where Tony Blackburn really made his name).

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For those who listen to Radio Caroline via their Sky or Freesat digibox you need to be aware that the epg (electronic programme guide) slots will be given up at sometime in the future but there will still be a sateliite transmission and all you have to do is add it as an "other channel".

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
yep, Dave cash show is pretty good of a dull Saturday. Beats anything on TV at that time.

But so did Tony Blackburn and Noel Edmonds

Tony BlacKburn is a good pro DJ. Still makes me laugh. Have not hear him do the Chop Chop song recently. Radio Caroline is a part of the British broad casting History. Loving awareness! Who was the loonie American preacher who used to come on and reduce people to tears? A bit of a religious Nazi Iseem to remember.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here