Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Match 3 - All players, helpers, supporters please read

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am delighted to confirm that after more superb help from Sally Townsend , Dick Knight, Martin Perry, Dave Baker have confirmed that we can play the Robert Eaton Memorial Match 3, Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters V Crystal Palace Supporters at The Withdean Stadium again.

The dates on offer are Sunday 9th May afternoon kick off or Tues 4/5, Weds 5/5, Thurs 6/5 or Fri 7/5 evening kick off.

I reckon a Sunday afternoon or possibly Friday evening are the best options.

Can all the players and everyone involved put their preferences including the CPFC Boyz.

Time to start the training and get the team together Fatboy and bring the trophy back to Brighton !.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Trigger your help is needed.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Sounds wanky but I think one of the evenings would be best purely because of the heat.

The fitness of the players would probably suit an evening kick off better rather than running around in (potentially) blazing heat.

Friday 7 May is not a good idea. Loads of Albion fans will be preparing for a trip to Wrexham the following day.

Sunday 9 May isn't a great idea either - Palace are playing away at Coventry and (presumably) Kevin and the Palace lads will be intending to be in the West Midlands!

Personally, Roz and I won't be available on Wednesday 5 May.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm up for the tuesday one , not that you'll need me :)

tell a lie , i can play if needed the 9th of may as well - got day booked off already cause of wrexham :)

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sunday no good as we'll all be in Wrexham.

The play offs will be on the 5th?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Looks like its Thursday 6th May then.

My feelings are that even if its played with just a handful of friends and family watching it is vital the match is actually played.

The crowd for the first game was 800+ and around 250 last year. The match itself is not the major fundraising event it was for the first game and as there are other events during the year such as marathon runs, the golf day, the auction if we raise a few hundred quid it all helps.

Even if the players donated £ 10 to the fund and we had a raffle in the bar afterwards we should raise up t £ 500.

I think it is important to take up the Albion's offer of playing on the sacred Albion turf as hopefully in 4 years time the REMF match 7 will be played on the hallowed turf of Falmer.

Thoughts please.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I should be able to provide the ball boys again if required - let us know.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It appears Sunday 9th is a non starter for everyone and the weekdays before don't look too good either. Although a Sunday is preferable I am of the strong opinion the game must be played even if it is Thursday 6th May with a handful of spectators.

I will try the club for Sunday 2nd May or Sunday 23rd May to see if it is possible for those dates.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Richie Morris said:
I can help in anyway you need.
Can I play Fatboy?
Maybe I could produce a programme?
Speak to Roz about the program as I think she will be involved.

Your efforts on the fanzine were fantastic and I am sure you will be able to assist in some way.

The best way of promoting the game is through flyers.

Even allowing for advertising revenue, the programme could lose money. And if there is advertising, there is an enormous amount of work to be done to ensure that the income and advertising copy comes in.

Last year's experience says to me ... don't bother with a programme. There's plenty of other more productive work that needs to be done to get this game off the ground.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Perhaps a less expensive program would be ideal. It doesn't have to be a glossy colourful one.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Friday evening would be best I reckon, just not a cold one like the first time we did it !

I'd offer my services for artwork/posters etc . . . although I'm assuming someone with an element of professionalism may well be doing it by now !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Has the date been settled yet?

Has anybody asked the Palace team? I saw this thread today and they don't seem to think anyone has been contacted

Palace thread

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have not been able to get back to CPFC until I know the date. Sunday 9th May has been ruled out by everyone as has the weekdays before.

I e mailed the club asking for Sun 2/5 or 23/5 preferably 23/5 but this may be too late as they have to start treating the pitch.

I would go for Thursday 6/5 if we cannot get the above.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here