Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we get value for money from signing Glenn Murray?

Was it 300k well spent?

• Total voters

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Poll to follow.

We payed £300k for him, but he only had one really decent season for us in his time here.
On the other hand we did get promoted this year.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would say overall yes but really only one good season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Going up this season is worth at least £5m to the club, without him we would not have been promoted.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If he still had a contract with us and someone was trying to buy him we would probably get about £1m. I think he was a bargain at £300k and I'd expect he could do a job in the championship

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
To help you answer this question :-
Would we we have got promoted without him this season?
How much is getting promoted worth?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we also only had one decent year while he was here. consistantly averaged a goal every other game, or there abouts, so a decent return.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our best player by a mile in his bad seasons amongst a load of journeymen and average home grown players. Worth my entrance money just to watch him as the rest were a f***ing shower of shite most of the time. He may have had an attitude but for me he always shone as a talent worth watching. He was worth the 300k just for this season alone though.

He is a twat of the highest order for going to Palace and I don't believe he'll be getting that much more than he would have got at Saints or Millwall, he's just a bit of a weirdo and he probably finds it all a bit amusing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Without a doubt, he helped us achieve promotion which is worth goodness know how much in TV money and extra season ticket sales.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He may have had an attitude

I never understand why people say this. He had some personal problems (that a group of fans decided to sing about), asked for a move which didn't materialise, finally had his operation to sort out his long term hernia problem and became our talisman this season, showing strength, agility, power and pace as well as banging in the goals. Where's the attitude problem?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Regardless of my current feeling for the ambitionless, greedy twunt! I thought he was a bargain. An absolute steal for a game changing centre forward, who not only scored goals, but won numerous penalties and free kicks as well being our best defender at set pieces.

Shame he's going to waste that talent at Palarse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I never understand why people say this. He had some personal problems (that a group of fans decided to sing about), asked for a move which didn't materialise, finally had his operation to sort out his long term hernia problem and became our talisman this season, showing strength, agility, power and pace as well as banging in the goals. Where's the attitude problem?

It wasn't there this season but it seemed to me that he did have one on occasions in previous seasons but it did not deter me from liking him, or put it another way I didn't give a f*** if he didn't applaud me at the end of a game or when he was subbed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Regardless of my current feeling for the ambitionless, greedy twunt! I thought he was a bargain. An absolute steal for a game changing centre forward, who not only scored goals, but won numerous penalties and free kicks as well being our best defender at set pieces.

Shame he's going to waste that talent at Palarse.

Completely OTT. He has one chance of a relatively big pay-day in a short career and petty club rivalries mean nothing to him (and why should they). Anyone would do the same. Players come and players go, get over it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here