Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santiago Garcia

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
just seen this (latest rumour ?)

Someone i know who works closely with Brighton and Hove Albion has told me that we will soon sign Uruguay footballer Santiago Garcia. Not sure how much he'll be or if he's out of contract but he plays at the moment for Nacional, aged 20 has scored 39 goals in 69 games.

Exciting times to be a Brighton fan!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'd rather not take risk on unknown players from around the world at this point. I'd rather us get someone who has proved that they're capable of scoring goals at a higher level.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It doesn't work like that, does it? You take what is available at the moment.

I know, Well I doubt this Santiago player is coming to us anyway because We're always linked with randomers who never end up joining.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2008– Nacional 69 (39)

García started his career in Libertad Washington youth teams. He then joined Nacional de Montevideo. He appeared on the first team in 2008, at just 17 years old, capturing everyone's attention with his speed and strength. Currently, he is considered one of Uruguayan football best prospects. After his greats appearances in Nacional, San Lorenzo de Almagro tried to hire him without success. During the last two seasons of the Uruguayan championship Garcia has participated in the first team of Nacional de Montevideo, although he wasn't considered part of the starting team. This situation changed in the current season, in which Garcia has evolved into becoming not only part of the starting team, but also one of its most valuable players.

[edit] National team
Although he has never played for the senior Uruguay national team, García was a member of the Under-20 Team that participated in the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
where did you see this and are you old man harris?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love the way some of these names crop up

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder if a top Uruguayan side would take a punt on Chris Holroyd on the strength of a carefully edited Youtube video with a rocktastic soundtrack?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
This is truely turning into one of the best close seasons ever....and it's still May!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here