Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video highlights - Hereford 1997 - with commentary! (19 mins)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
After much editing, I've synced up some of the video footage of the Hereford game, including the goals in each half, with the commentary from South Coast Radio.

Video: Hereford v Brighton, 3 May 1997

I think someone has already done this with Tony Millard's commentary for Robbie Reinelt's goal for some of the club's official compilation DVDs.

Sadly, I've only located continuous commentary from half-way in the second half. If anyone has a fuller recording of the audio, please let me know.

Otherwise, enjoy! And notice Jeff Minton trying to keep Brighton in the league by playing hoofball in the sky.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
brilliant, thankyou.

for the first couple of minutes of that video I swear the ball doesn't touch the ground!

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Phew. It doesn't get any easier to watch, does it?

D

Deleted User X18H

As I said it a previous thread at 13.:35 Millard shouts give it to him for christ sake. I have this somewhere on a c-60 I think.

Excellent work Rapper as ever.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Great to see that again. Millard's commentary :lol:

I'd forgotten Maskell's run on goal and miss.

If he'd have scored that, my life expectancy would probably be five years longer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We were so shit back then-still don't know how we managed to survive with some of the players we had. How many times did we hear 'Ormerod's made a hash of that' or 'Ormerod has completely missed that'?

Last edited:

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I still expect us to concede at the death everytime I watch this...
Growing up in the 90's and watching us play like that every week just makes me appreciate they way we play now even more.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
What a horrible day.

Mark Morris limping around aged 57, ably supported by Tuck and Mayo :|

We've come a long way baby.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant video. Thank you!!

Watching that is so emotional. Just look at us now, amazing manager, amazing state of the art stadium, Championship football..

I wonder where we'd be had that second half not gone our way...

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We were so shit back then-still don't know how we managed to survive with some of the players we had. How many times did we hear 'Ormerod's made a hash of that' or 'Ormerod has completely missed that'?

"Ormerod's made a great save, to keep us in the league"...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Somewhere at home I have the whole match on a VHS video. No commentary. Same footage tho. Still get scared of losing now, 14 years later. And I know the result!

But I do the whole of the radio commentary. The BBC's commentator was terrible - didn't know what he was watching - whereas on commercial (what was it called) radio there was jim produfoot and, for this match, tony millard getting more and more nervous and shrieky as the game went on

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Somewhere at home I have the whole match on a VHS video. No commentary.

But I do the whole of the radio commentary. The BBC's commentator was terrible - didn't know what he was watching - whereas on commercial (what was it called) radio theer was jim prodfoot and, for this match, tony millard getting more and more nervous as the game went on

'Southern Sound'??

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

watch him a complete hash of stopping a one on one at 17:26. Kept us in the league that did

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here