Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "JCL" attitude

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
I only just signed up on here recently and would like to raise a point about this term "JCL". All the people who use this term in a derogatory way, do you not want your club to grow. Do you think all the 18,000 season tickets that plough money into the club were all bought by hardened Albion veterans?

I support Man utd but obviously living in Sussex, it is difficult to see more than a couple of games a season and being 18 means money is a major factor too. But I do watch a lot of Brighton games at the Withdean.

Me and my Dad have bought season tickets for the new stadium and will go along to support Brighton and sing our hearts out every game, but why do some people have a problem with this? Would you rather go into the Amex and only have 7000 crowds or would you rather grow and attract more fans and therefore generate more money?

Rant over

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i think you will be fine as long as you remember to tug your forlock at anyone wearing a skint shirt with 12 years worth of Withdean season ticket pinned to it like a badge of honour. Know your place and don't make eye contact and in a few years if you don't miss a game, disown United and make over 500 posts on here you may be considered a 'proper fan'.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
i think you will be fine as long as you remember to tug your forlock at anyone wearing a skint shirt with 12 years worth of Withdean season ticket pinned to it like a badge of honour. Know your place and don't make eye contact and in a few years if you don't miss a game, disown United and make over 500 posts on here you may be considered a 'proper fan'.

:lol: :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Also don't mention Manchester United.

**** of a club that's a cancer on the English game and would happily be part of anything that meant they benefited most from it even if it destroyed lots of small clubs..

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Also don't mention Manchester United.

**** of a club that's a cancer on the English game and would happily be part of anything that meant they benefited most from it even if it destroyed lots of small clubs..

**** = most successful i presume.......chelsea , arsenal and citeh have all done their best this year and still look like coming up short thus far , i for one hop man . u win the champions league because at the end of the day they are an english side.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
**** = most successful i presume.......chelsea , arsenal and citeh have all done their best this year and still look like coming up short thus far , i for one hop man . u win the champions league because at the end of the day they are an english side.

I don't because i hate them, their attitude, ferguson and their players with a passion. Any other English team and i'm right on board.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I only just signed up on here recently and would like to raise a point about this term "JCL". All the people who use this term in a derogatory way, do you not want your club to grow. Do you think all the 18,000 season tickets that plough money into the club were all bought by hardened Albion veterans?

I support Man utd but obviously living in Sussex, it is difficult to see more than a couple of games a season and being 18 means money is a major factor too. But I do watch a lot of Brighton games at the Withdean.

Me and my Dad have bought season tickets for the new stadium and will go along to support Brighton and sing our hearts out every game, but why do some people have a problem with this? Would you rather go into the Amex and only have 7000 crowds or would you rather grow and attract more fans and therefore generate more money?

Rant over

Would you still have bought a ST if we were going into next season in League Two? Genuine question, not trying to be an arse.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Would you still have bought a ST if we were going into next season in League Two? Genuine question, not trying to be an arse.

Isn't getting new supporters as you move up the leagues, just the nature of the beast though?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It's NOT about next season. We've sold out of season tickets and we already know there will be many fans of other clubs who have decided to "jump on the bandwagon". This is where we start to harness our catchment area and take advantage of being biggest club in the area (with a nod there to CTFC).

No, it's all about the season after next. How many of these so-called JCLs will renew their season tickets, especially if we struggle next season?!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Frankly you're as much entitled to have an opinion as an 'old timer' like me. This JCL business is something a handful of misguided posters have started using as clearly they have an inferiority complex and feel the need to belittle others in order to feel better about themselves, best to ignore their stupid remarks, they only make themselves look foolish.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i for one hop man . u win the champions league because at the end of the day they are an english side.

Manager = Scottish
Owners = American
Kit Manufacturers = American
Sponsors = American
Fans = Global

Ever feel you have been had?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fear it's gonna get worse next season with loads of threads about the people sitting around the uberfans not knowing much about the Albion or the players. Derogatory comments about JCLs and Plastics is gonna become an issue next season...unfortunately.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The attitude of the 'old timers' does beggar belief.

I was told at an away match recently, in which someone was occupying my seat, that he was entitled to sit there because 'I've been to Carlisle away mate'.

ALL fans should be welcomed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So what happens if we draw Man U in the FA cup?

He'll be sat with loads of his mates, have you seen how many of them are in with the home crowd whenever we've played them? I think there will be many southern based United fans who have bought tickets at Withdean.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The fact is that the more bums we get on seats the better. I could care less about peoples' alternative teams as long as they are happy to put money into Brighton and Hove Albion's coffers.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Massive thank you and welcome to all the JCLs as now we will be watching BHAFC in a full stadium next season can't wait

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Massive thank you and welcome to all the JCLs as now we will be watching BHAFC in a full stadium next season can't wait

and long may they continue, the more that come, the higher up the leagues we go and the more I get to watch them on the TV.

I honestly can't see the downside of tempting supporters of the big clubs over tho the Albion, especially if they are from or living in Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here