Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
ah. sorry WJ :)

agree with the comment above that Naylor was quite positive yesterday that Murray would stay. No disrespect to you WJ but if you heard the rumour on Monday then it would be a bit surprising if he hadn't and yet he said he thought he would stay. Is he maybe too close to the club?

Clutching at straws I think but hey ho...............................

I heard it from someone who has been right on almost every transfer story over the last two years. Which is what worries me. But he has definitely not agreed anything yet. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I heard someone talking about this in the north stand last night but he also mentioned that Murray had turned them down.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Well, until we hear something official, we should all chill out.

However, if there is a shred of truth to it, I for one would rather not see Murray in an Albion shirt again.

If it is true and he has actually agreed a contract - can we just banish him altogether or is this breaking our side of his current contract? (I.e. not allow him to train at the Albion, but as he is under contract insist he doesn't join up with them either). I have always been very sceptical of the modern situation when players can sign pre-contract agreements for this very reason, I remember when Liam Miller signed for United from Celtic 6 months in advance, and just got stuck in the reserves for the rest of the season.

Anyway, I think its a wind-up, and the fact the story isn't showing is cos someone at Sky is looking into it.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Just above the article, Sky Sports don't even have our kit colours correct. I'm skeptical of anything until I see it confirmed.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
To be fair, it is still showing - for me at least.

Some of the direct links from here are going to it, but you can't get to it from the links on the Sky Sports website menus. Or I can't, anyway...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Gus/Tony not THAT keen to sign Murray. I think we know this.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Murray's goal celebration last night suggested he was thoroughly enjoying himself with his current employers but who knows, maybe he has a thing about playing at athletic stadiums ?

Journalists and integrity now there is a contradiction in terms - I am sure that no journalist has ever jumped the gun with a poorly researched story, just to get an exclusive.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As a journalist myself, if I were to produce "wind up" articles any time I fancied I would be sacked. SSN surely prides itself on being a reputable site.

im not casting aspersions on journalism in general, but we all must know by now that sports news has standards considerably lower than the rest of the industry. how many rumours and claims are made every week that never come to anything? Fergie mentioned this week he was looking at buying 112 players last summer according to the papers. as someone mentioned above, it was Millwall a few weeks ago (and thats a lot more credible.). Palarse are a shell of squad, with no investment and still unsure of their position next season, i dont see they would currently be in a position to offer a "league one berbatov" anything right now.

anyway, page now suspiciously removed, so i can only imagine someone is checking sources...

Last edited:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Agent trying to ramp up a better deal, ala Benno to Norwich, transfer deadline week :shrug:

Superb timing to put a downer on the celebration though :tantrum:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Question to Graeme Bailey "Have you just heard this today, or previously but asked to keep it quiet until promotion secured?"

Answer: "No comment :) "

Not really sure this means anything, but thought I'd share it...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Naylor yesterday on his Q&A seemed pretty confident Murray would sign the deal and going on what Murray has said about playing at the AMEX next season it would be a bit of a shock to say the least

But whoever he signs for in the Championship he will play at Amex.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I agree, but equally without naming any specific sources and just constantly saying "skysports.com understands", he hasn't libelled anyone, and can easily claim that he had reason to write the story. I have no idea how much journos are checked up on in this situation, and whether they are allowed to keep "sources" secret, but if Sky's attitude to the accuracy of lower league reporting on their website is anything like it is on SSN, I wouldn't be surprised if its not top of his editor's agenda.

Yup, agreed. The source could easily be agent-talk and deal leverage as others have said. Hope so, but I'm also sure that Bloom won't allow a gun to be held to his head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here