Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
according to SSN - can't get the article to load though (unless it's just me, since they revamped their layout half the articles don't show so all you get is headlines).

Just cannot believe it although from the headline they seem convinced the deal is done

League 1 News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Football | Sky Sports

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It was Millwall the other day

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Surely this can't be true. Are Palace really in a position to offer him a better financial package than we are? Also, I would have thought between the two clubs we have the better chance of pushing for promotion...

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
The wording in that seems very definitive, of course it could still be agent talk, but I am actually a little concerned this time. A real shame If true.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Seems rather strange this would come out at this point in the season.

I would question whether we've really sat down with him and his agent to discuss next season given this one is still going.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Would that be the club who near went bust last season and have hardly set the league alight this year?

It would be down to the fact they are OBVIOUSLY going to pay him more than we are.

At the end of the day footballers are mercenaries and if they are offering more then we either match it, better it or he goes.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Brighton are setting an upper limit on wages for next season. One which, apparantly, Palace are offering to better. And by two or three grand a week.

At 27 this will be Murray's last chance to get a big pay day. I would suggest we could have seen this off by giving him a deal YONKS ago.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I have had to read that article twice and check it was not another April fool. I am honestly stunned.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Article seems to have disappeared suddenly...Someone on a wind-up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here