Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
fake slim said:
didnt know u were going fatters
what time u getting there?
what pub?
i'll call ya
and btw the names KNIFE!!!
Social club, round the side of the ground furthest away from the stand.

It's going to be a fun day, Poke and Filthy are already having a domestic about who goes in the bathroom first.:jester:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Just off to collect edna and ride into "The Valley Of Death". WE're meeting Lolly and her mate when we get there. The "Save the Seaweed" T-shirts have arrived and we're all set.

The Palace match day announcer has promised to give us a plug and we have support from Palace and Reading fans.

Will post the story of the day when I get out of hospital...

Wish us luck....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
MRRF said:
a very strange poster you have there turkey, i could be fooled in to thinking it is a leaflet

WTF do you want a poster for?

I gotta go to Bournemouth now. Adios.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm going to lancing , get to meet the legend that is MRRF

then come back and oggle cheerleaders with other NSC'ers

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
have fun everyone! I'm off to the train station soon for the trip to London Astoria in Oxford Street, lots of punking and handing out BHA cards....marvelous scenes punk:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Just setting off to the People's Republic of South Yorkshire

:wave:

Camera, leaflets, letters and postcards all ready

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Cant get to a game due to work commitments but did receive a text from Everest wishing everyone luck for today - did suggest he went to a game in Zanizbar and handed out some falmer leaflets but he said the pitches were half sand and half 2 foot high grass - and about as smooth as luke chadwicks face :lolol:

Good luck all!!

MRRF 10

i was at Lancing today, with crazy cornish gal, pethicks haircut, braders 7, and seagullmatt watching sussex lose 2-0 to cornwall.

Me and braders were handing out leaflets to the "supporters" (of which none made any noise) until about 1:30, whilst being entertained by one of the officials, and his football trivia game. Around 1:30 crazy cornish gal and pethicks haircut turned up to provide there services and were now entertained by the official and his "name as many parts of the body with 3 letters in" game. Then, one of the unlikeliest people to turn up at lancing for a football game, was Martin hinshelwood, who gave one of his free gifts to me ( a freddo). Everyone who entered the game got a programme, pen, freddo, and Ribena) Whilst talking to Hinsh seagullmatt turned up, and aslo helped with the leaflets.

When we were in the stand and singing our hearts out (this was before the game) an over zealous official (not steward) gave me an evil look for blowing a whistle (they obviously dont want an atmosphere) it was a look that suggested blow that again and your out of here, so i put it away.

The game started, sussex in there blue and white stripes much the better team, and about 20 minutes in Leon knight, or gary hart let rip and it hit the bar. Then about another 35 minutes before half time (our ref it seemed, couldnt use his watch properly) so for the 55 minute first half not much happened, apart from choruses of We want falmer, gosbts etc. But know sign of Martin Hinshelwood, where could he be?

Half time, a friendly chat with an argus photographer and he agrees to take a picture of us for the argus. All five us by the pitch with our falmer posters. After our photo, seagullmatt found our missing hinsh, like uncle like nephew, he was in the bar all first half.

Second half, we greet the team with gosbts, no-one else does, cornwall quickly go ahead, after a mess up by Ben Kuipers, or was it Michel Roberts, the defense fail to react and the ball somehow finds its way into the back of the net. Please dont ask me how. We then got hounded by these kids who thought Brighton were playing wrexham, why? i do not know. Cornwall scored again, dont know how, had lost all interest in the game, and placed a bet with the kids that brighton weren't playing, but they were having none of it, apparently it was coming up on teletext. One little kid now needs to give me £20.

After about 50 minutes in the 2nd half the ref blew for full time, and we went back in to action. As the players came off the pitch we all gave them leaflets about falmer and asked them to write in to john prescott, so that is both teams. But Mark Mcghees blue and white army were not pleased with the result and kerry mayo had a very red face, wether it was because he had run a lot, or farted and was embarrased we never found out.

After the game we all went for a kick about and super goalie (braders) stopped almost everything. We then went on to do penalties blindfolded, none of us scored.

A bad game, but a good day, lets hope we get falmer.

:falmer: :banana: :falmer:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bognor Regis 2 Kingstonian 0

Very entertaining game - Kingstonian started the better but Bognor soon got a grip on the game.

No goals in the first half but in the second two superb goals gave Bognor the edge.

Very welcome reception from BRFC and we mentioned over the tannoy. Got all the leaflets distributed and got quite a few letters signed by both sets of fans and a few supportive Portsmouth fans as well.

Thanks to Liz Costa and crew who took the lead on getting letter signed.

Jul 30, 2003
leicester
Back from Rushden v Peterbrough gave out over 500 leaflets and about 50 letters signed ready to post off both sets of fans were top plenty of surport .
programme had a half page piece and were well looked after by all the club officials & stewards. :clap:

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Palace 2 Reading 2

Good to meet Lush, Edna Krabappel and Lolly today. I have great admiration for what you guys have got organised today at clubs up and down the country.

Edna did a teriffic interview on Palace Radio, and although I haven't spoken with Lush yet I expect we managed to get all the letters she brought along signed. I think I did between 20 and 30 in an hour or so before the game. I kind of lost track to be honest.

I've another couple of names/addresses to send over to Lush for the postcards thing. I've sent a message to the editor of the Palace Echo, our main fanzine, and I hope the full story will appear in the next issue. If that is in time to help your cause further then so much the better.

Well done, guys.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Just back from Stevenage v Woking. No official recognition from Stevenage who had asked me to only give out leaflets outside the ground after the game. As it was I handed out leaflets before and after the game, 180 in all, and was very well received by both sets of fans. Woking fans were particularly encouraging and seemed very clued up about the day of action. Definitely worthwhile although a hailstorm from 2.30 to 2.50 was really inconvenient.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
What an incredible day!
A day that will stay with us for many many years.
It all began at home here in South Shields as we decked out the cars with blue and white and A4 Falmer posters on a warm and sunny morning.
Then crammed in our two vehicles we made a pleasant and failr speedy journey up the north east coast to beautiful Berwick - England's northernmost town and the home of Berwick Rangers- the only English football club to play in the Scottish league. Their ground is quaint - Vaux Conf non-league by English standards - and only spoilt by a speedway track running between the terraces and seated stands and the pitch - it had a certain feel of Withdean about it.
Arriving at 1pm we were immediately welcomed by the club secretary Denis McCleary and the chairman Robert Wilson, shown inside the ground and offices and told they were all 100% behind (Berwick had similar ground problems to ours some years ago and these things live long in people's memories). We were then told to go to the club bar/club where we would be made welcome. We took their advice and enjoyed a couple of pints and half an hour of good chat with 40 or so Berwick and Hamilton club members who were finishing their lunch and having a wee bevvy. Leaflets were handed out and many signed letters to Prescott and we took other's names and postcodes (BTW Tim, the postcard didn't arrive until after we got home tonight!).
Outside we bought a match programme – the half-page piece inside about Falmer was superb and many mentioned they had already read of our plight in the local newspaper the Berwick Advertiser the previous day. We then set about leafleting and lobbying every fan, coach driver, copper, St John’s folk, player or club official we could find and by 3pm all of our leaflets were gone. Everyone, without exception was supportive and I was surprised how many knew the ins and outs of our history over the last 11 years – some even mentioned the names Bellotti and Archer! I find that amazing given the distance and the fact that our clubs play in different countries! A good few chatted on about how Brighton was an old established “big club” and how it would be a travesty if we failed. Even the Hamilton supporters who come from near Glasgow were supportive and wanted to hear of sunny Brighton!
So by 3pm we went into the ground warmed and in good spirit. Initially we had decided to support each side for 15 minutes in turn. But given the welcome by Berwick – and the fact they are English – we stood with the Berwick mob and joined them for pie and Bovril at half time. My two-year-old (it was his first football match) had the crowd roaring whenever he saw a seagull (there were loads) would shout “Seagulls”. My 20 year old son Ben, my wife and I tried a chorus of “Stand up if you want Falmer” …. but as only 5 joined in, we thought discretion was a better ploy!
Oh …. And the football? It was crap … sheer unadulterated crap! Ryman league standard kick and rush. If your think our passing has been poor, you should have seen this. A 4-2 defeat for Berwick and not one of the goals was memorable – in fact I missed one as I turned around to stop the wee one from pinching a guy’s Bovril!
But we will never forget it.
I am now going to enjoy reading everyone else’s experiences.
PS. Took loads of photo’s and will process them tomorrow and post one or two on Monday!
:falmer: :falmer: :falmer: :falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here