Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New loyalty scheme

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
Dear Insider

Many thanks for all the responses you post on here. Your service is immensely useful.

Can I ask about the proposed loyalty points-based system to be introduced? Firstly, the Club Charter says:

“In the event of any proposed changes to Club policy, early notice of the proposed changes will be published to enable those with concerns to express their views before a final decision to change policy is made.”

Am I right in thinking that we are now in that consultation period following the news release of the scheme on Friday?

Secondly, I am sure you will remember that a loyalty points system was proposed as part of the initial Away Membership Scheme back in November 2000. There were problems with the proposals and the scheme was rapidly amended following an outcry amongst supporters.

One of the deficiencies of that scheme was that it created a “closed shop”. When matches were expected to sell out, only those with the required number of loyalty points could purchase a ticket - and only those supporters could gain further loyalty points. If you were in this group then you could remain within it while no one else had a chance to get into it.

Can you reassure me that the Board will take this argument into account before making their final decision? It might be, for instance, that they consider it fairer only to award loyalty points for those games that do not sell out, ie the games where everyone can demonstrate their "loyalty" to the club and not just those already deemed to be "loyal".

Thank you.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
First part is correct, but your second point I would advise putting in writing to the club, quoting your name, address details.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here