Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup: England v West Indies

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England MUST win, and can then still go out at the group stage.

And England have selected James Tredwell ahead of Michael Yardy, and more surprisingly Luke Wright ahead of Jimmy Anderson or Paul Collingwood.

Messrs Willis and Knight, in the Sky Sports studio are flabbergasted!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
ICC Cricket World Cup, 36th Match, Group B: England v West Indies at Chennai

England won the toss and elected to bat

England team

AJ Strauss*, MJ Prior†, IJL Trott, IR Bell, EJG Morgan, RS Bopara, LJ Wright, TT Bresnan, GP Swann, JC Tredwell, CT Tremlett

West Indies team

CH Gayle, DS Smith, DM Bravo, RR Sarwan, KA Pollard, DC Thomas†, DJG Sammy*, AD Russell, SJ Benn, D Bishoo, KAJ Roach

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The game we can finally be put out of our misery and the inquest into our appalling performances and selections can begin.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it's absolutely heaving in that stadium.....:facepalm:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The game we can finally be put out of our misery and the inquest into our appalling performances and selections can begin.

Indeed... or perhaps the springboard to a glorious renaissance, and spectacular success in the knockout stages?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I love my cricket, but personnally dont give a hoot about the world cup, the ashes was won, thats all that matters this winter, come home and get fresh for the new county season

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I love my cricket, but personnally dont give a hoot about the world cup, the ashes was won, thats all that matters this winter, come home and get fresh for the new county season

Is that what it has come down to, beating the fifth best test side in the World is all we care about??

:nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

The ASHES were immense... but that is in the past.

England have to win FOUR games in a row now... to WIN the World Cup. They have provided the most exciting games throughout the tournament, hopefully there are 4 more to come!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Shahzad's injured and there's no way Anderson could play, bar two alls against South Africa he's looked done for all tournament. I think Tredwell and Wright playing is a good thing, Wright batted ok in Australia and they can't do worse than the rest

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
West Indian anthem is AWESOME!!!!! Rally round the West Indies.....

better than that bloody dirge from scotland and GSTQ

Why is it that we are the only country who sing about a feudal ruler rather than the mother country?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Is that what it has come down to, beating the fifth best test side in the World is all we care about??

:nono:

Im not saying that...i think Im not anyway, What i am saying is that this winter was about the Ashes, they started playing cricket abroad in October...2010, now 6 months later and after 3 days at home they are still playing, they are f***ed its obvious from the perforamances and the injuries they are getting, if the world cup was a different time then of course I would want them to do well, but lets face it, if you had asked any of the players abck in october there MAIN goal this winter, it would have been to win the Ashes.....and lets also face something else.............20,000 fans followed the AShes, maybe 100 in India? enough said

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Makeshift opener / pinch hitter Matt Prior hits a four from spinner Sulieman Benn...
England 4-0 (2 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Prior crashes Big Benn to the boundary, and the over produces seven runs.

Is the experiment with the spinner opening proving too expensive (11 from 2 overs) ?

England 14-0 (4 overs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here