Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Pond dry and rat infested...how picturesque!!

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Falmer Pond dry and rat infested...how picturesque!!

Oh, the glorious vista which is Falmer Village Pond. The heart of the village, centre of that quintessential piece of Rural England which must be saved from us nasty football fans.

Judging from the account of one eager visitor the site would be vastly improved by having the stadium built right on top of it!!

"We arrived with two excited children, full of high expectation about the good works they would soon be doing for the ducks and fishy residents of the pond.

"Alas, disaster - the pond had been dry for almost three months, the ducks were marooned on the island and there were notices around the pond asking that no food be given to the ducks due to rat poison being put down to combat the invasion of rats.

The first known example of rats joining a sinking ship!

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Re: Falmer Pond dry and rat infested...how picturesque!!

attila said:

The first known example of rats joining a sinking ship!

LOL Attila:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bulldoze the place flat that's what I say. it would make a lovely site for the incinerator, sewage works and we could also have a plant for re-processing spent nuclear fuel rods.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
My wife Robina and I have decided to have a nice romantic walk round Falmer Village tonight. We'll take some bread to feed the rats and a camera to photograph this Site of Outstanding Natural Beauty - maybe we can do some posters to show everybody how lovely it is?

See you at the cricket tomorrow (my £20 at 33-1 for Sussex to win the championship is still looking good!)

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
There was a pseudo village called Falmer
Whose residents included no farmers
It had a dry pond, swarms of gnats
And there were plenty of dirty rats
What they need is a pied piper or rat charmer

BOOM BOOM

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
let's spread the rumour that these are plague-carrying rats and see their precious property prices sink lower than their IQs :clap2:

mona said:
There was a pseudo village called Falmer
Whose residents included no farmers
It had a dry pond, swarms of gnats
And there were plenty of dirty rats
What they need is a pied piper or rat charmer

BOOM BOOM
I suggest you leave the poetry to Attila, Mona.

:lolol:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
AHA!!

If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and there’s a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plough the family into the field, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who’s also your brother.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
:lolol: Build the stadium, let the hippies find a by pass to winge about.

A L B I O N

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Been there today and some old fart was feeding the ducks with bread standing about 2 feet away from a sign saying DO NOT FEED THE DUCKS! TWAT :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here