Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LCD Soundsystem RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bar a clutch of NYC shows in April it is over.

One of my favourite bands of the past decade.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sound of Silver is one of my favourite albums of the last decade.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get Innocuous! is GROOVE central.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yes indeed, not many bands out there like this lot. Took me a while to get into them but some of their stuff is incredible.

For example...

[yt]vZiFZ4P_foI[/yt]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Great band, probably my best of the last 8 years. I think they'll be back, James Murphy seems to enjoy it and a few years away will make it too tempting imo. Best memory was from their last Brixton late night gig afterparty at Plan B, with James M and Nancy Djing. Top night.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN5I1fMie0o

In light of the rather good Arcade Fire single I thought I'd revisit this thread.

"if you're worried about the weather then you have picked the wrong place to stay"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-G1NltxNqE

Great tune, great lyrics.

And love is a murderer, love is a murderer
But if she calls you tonight
Everything is all right
Yeah, we know
And love is a curse shoved in a hearse
Love is an open book to a verse of your bad poetry
And this is coming from me

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-G1NltxNqE

Great tune, great lyrics.

And love is a murderer, love is a murderer
But if she calls you tonight
Everything is all right
Yeah, we know
And love is a curse shoved in a hearse
Love is an open book to a verse of your bad poetry
And this is coming from me

have you bought the bluray of the final MSG shows? Its brilliant, what a set - 4 hours of just about everything. I've not watched the film / doco' about the lead up to the shows yet. Since we watched the show last weekend I've been driving my wife mental with outbursts of "and so it starts...." and "heeey.....shame on you". One of my favourite bands for sure.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
have you bought the bluray of the final MSG shows? Its brilliant, what a set - 4 hours of just about everything. I've not watched the film / doco' about the lead up to the shows yet. Since we watched the show last weekend I've been driving my wife mental with outbursts of "and so it starts...." and "heeey.....shame on you". One of my favourite bands for sure.

Yes, I have seen it (Shut Up and Play The Hits is the name of it). The gig itself is great but the documentary is also brilliant, and is mainly James talking about the band, the reasons for starting a band so late in life and the reasons for finishing on top cut with footage. You will find it very interesting I'm sure. The extras from the interview are just as good and there is a rather fun short film about when James went to meet his manager a few months after the MSG gig. And an extra bit of trivia is that the interview is conducted in Norman Cook's NYC bar/restaurant.

Interesting you mention your wife as me and the Frau spoke about LCD Soundsystem on the first night we met (she is a massive fan as well) and went to see them shortly after getting together. They were playing a small open air gig on Ibiza shortly after we got married......that answered the question about where to honeymoon and we have a framed poster advertising the gig on our lounge wall. Without doubt one of my favourite bands and for so many reasons. As for lyrics we often recite sections from Losing My Edge; a clever theme and witty lyrics which seem quite fitting for us when we're milling around at gigs surrounded by youngsters.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This still makes me sad, my favourite band of the 00's. They were stunning live from the small venues to the bigger ones, their show to close Bestival in 2010 is an all time top 10 and probably the most euphoric I've ever felt at a gig.

I'm waiting hopefully for the reunion, somewhere around 2020 I reckon.

SUAPTH is amazing synopsis of everything that was great about them, I toyed with jumping on the plane for those gigs. Wish I had now.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Yes, I have seen it (Shut Up and Play The Hits is the name of it). The gig itself is great but the documentary is also brilliant, and is mainly James talking about the band, the reasons for starting a band so late in life and the reasons for finishing on top cut with footage. You will find it very interesting I'm sure. The extras from the interview are just as good and there is a rather fun short film about when James went to meet his manager a few months after the MSG gig. And an extra bit of trivia is that the interview is conducted in Norman Cook's NYC bar/restaurant.

Interesting you mention your wife as me and the Frau spoke about LCD Soundsystem on the first night we met (she is a massive fan as well) and went to see them shortly after getting together. They were playing a small open air gig on Ibiza shortly after we got married......that answered the question about where to honeymoon and we have a framed poster advertising the gig on our lounge wall. Without doubt one of my favourite bands and for so many reasons. As for lyrics we often recite sections from Losing My Edge; a clever theme and witty lyrics which seem quite fitting for us when we're milling around at gigs surrounded by youngsters.

"I've got every record by every band....."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"I've got every record by every band....."

"I've never been wrong, I used to work in a record store, I had everything before everyone"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here