Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinks

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Chatting after yet another win tonight, we were talking about finding a better way to reward the guys at the kennels than handing out random amounts to various people every time we have a winner.

At present we have one member who hands over "a drink" or two, or three, and then we reimburse from the kitty.

This is proving rather an expensive way of doing it (and not just because we didn't know we were going to win so often?!) and we were talking about how we might look to do it differently. We get good value from keeping great relations up there, and just need to sort out how? and how much?

Options include:
  • Having a small bet (from the kitty) each race, and handing over the winnings. Downside is betting every race and potentially costing more than it does now if we don't get a winner
  • Fixing how much we pay ? and to who ? and by whom? and how? if we are lucky enough to get a winner
  • not paying out from the kitty, but each individual giving the guys and girls a "drink" at their discretion if we have a good result.

Have you got any other ideas that we should perhaps consider?

All these options have pro's and cons and maybe would should have discussed this a bit more at the recent meeting, but we need to work out what we're going to do moving forward as we clearly have a right winner on our hands who is going places :ascarf:

Thoughts.................

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its a difficult one, I think we should avoid the first option, especially as our rules state that the syndicate monies will not be used for any kind of betting.

I think in someways a fixed amount could be best which in effect comes out of our "profit" when Benny wins. However the problem here is it turns into an additional fee rather than a gratutity.

Did you get a good photo of the presentation and what's the trophy like.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
It would be interesting to hear how other Syndicates might tip the yard when they have a winner? Must admit it wasnt even something about when buying the dog.

And Nige, how many of you made the podium for his winners photo? Look forward to seeing pictures soon i hope?!

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
Well done again Flyer, by yourself a wee dram on me Barry Izbak, out of my winnings which I'll collect off you nxt time Pal, wot were our final odds today Chum ¿

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
How about doing it on a monthly basis, we can tot up how many wins he has(fingers crossed) and pay in one hit, a bit to brian and a bit to the trainer. Its gotta be a cheaper option than taking a hit at every race...

Seems like a good idea,as always though I am happy to go with the majority.

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
How about doing it on a monthly basis, we can tot up how many wins he has(fingers crossed) and pay in one hit, a bit to brian and a bit to the trainer. Its gotta be a cheaper option than taking a hit at every race...

This sounds good to me too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here