Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi guys. I dont post much on here but here goes. Since the middle of october ive been having chronic left leg, being a man i thought it was just a trapped nerve. Cut a long story short i had many tests and eventually a MRI scan which i got the results today. Yesterday i was admitted to have pain management hence my spelling and punctuation i was in so much pain they thought i had slipped disc. unfortunatly they found a bg problem with the ct scan. I have cancer im my lymph noed ive got a biopsy mon , tue or weds. Im only 24 and have got a 13mth year old little girl im gutted
The reason i have posted this on here is because im on here every day and even though i dont post much i know how supportive you guys are.
Thanks for reading guys.

Reactions: NMH

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
At 1st viewing that doesn't sound good and I'm no medical man.

Chances are, when you hear the full story from the doc's it hopefully won't be as bad as you naturally fear. Really hope that is the case and all the best.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
That's terrible but try and stay positive and focus on the things important to you like your family.
Let us know how the treatment goes when you start it.
All the best

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
best of luck mate,and hope things are not to bad

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Best of luck mate , the problem with us blokes is we think that the pain will go away after a while and nothing is serious. Then when we do something about it and get it checked out it comes as a big shock. Try and stay positive and tell us what is happening as we will all give you support.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
24 and a young child you can anyone and anything Just keep your spirits up Good luck you will be ok

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some of the most advances made in cancer treatment have been on lymph node cancers and the outcome is normally very good. Here's hoping and all the very best of luck, my friend.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thank you guys ill keep you informed as soon as i have my biopsy. I feel like im in a bubble at the moment nothing seems to make sense.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
that is a shit thing to happen at such a young age,i wish you all the best and hope things work out for the best for you and your family.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Sorry to hear that, Bet its a real shock.
Things might seem grim right now but draw strength from those around you.

Good luck with your treatment & please keep us all informed how you're doing

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
What really pisses me off is that when i had original blood tests my inflamation was high. it was 24 when normal should be between 0-7 and they didnt even reccomend repeats. It was only when the my physio rang me up and advised me it was high and that i should ask for a repeat test. But when i phoned the docs they assured me everything was normal and not to worry but when i went in to up my pain relief they gave me an emergency blood test and advised me to go to hospital and to take the bloods with me. So after waiting at hospital for a free bed ( 4hrs ) my bloods came back as CRP 136 when it should be between 0-7 and mr ESR was 97 when i should be between 2-6. My first question is why did it flag up with the physio and not the doctor and my second question is have i got a case against the NHS.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the answer to that is yes , maybe see a lawyer , and then concentrate on getting yourself well, NHS gotta love 'em. My dad was going to the doctor with stomach pain and re-flux for years and being sent away with gaviscon and mylanta , his regular doctor went on a cruise and a locum came in , when my dad presented with same old story the locum looked at his file and immediately wrote him up for an endoscopy......viola..!! stomach cancer.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I think thats the option i might seek. The way ive been treated through the whole process has been shocking, At some points even a animal wouldnt be yreated this way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shocking news especially for one so young, all the best.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
CS

Going to be very hard, but you need to pick yourself up and 100% tell yourself you are going to beat it, for you and your daughter.

Would keep a detailed record of your treatment to date, then park the anger against the NHS until you have the all clear. Dwelling on it now might bring you down even further.

Very best of luck mate.

Chimneys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here