Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Worthing ok to live in?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Yeah, the Bloods and Crypts, although there are more in the Crypt in Worthing

The Crypt are heavy bastards not to be messed with who I personally feel do Worthings streets justice. The bloods are just plain right evil left wing scum.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I don't trust those ice cream shops thats about as much gang war as you get in Worthing...

Dad spent half his childhood in Worthing and the other in Merseyside, while I've never been to Liverpewl in my life, it felt like I went to worthing every sunday to see my cousins, I loved it, course there are a ton of undertakers there, but thats more suburban areas. Findon valley is a nice area just to the far end, Worthing isn't the most special place, but it is better than some.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
The Crypt are heavy bastards not to be messed with who I personally feel do Worthings streets justice. The bloods are just plain right evil left wing scum.

Personally, judging my your posts over the laste couple of months, I am glad you have nothing to do with my home town

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
On the subject of ice cream wars, be careful of MR WHIPPY (EX HARE & HOUNDS) and LOVEJOY (TARRING ROAD)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, that is all

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have pretty much lived in Worthing most of my life and love it. Obviously Brighton is great and has an awesome vibe but it is pretty unique in so much to say that other than London and maybe Manchester there is no other place in England like it.

But back to Worthing as an medium-sized English town it is a pretty decent place to live. The reports of violence are widely over-exaggerated and although there is always going to be the odd fight on a Friday and Saturday night it cannot be nowhere near as bad as most town and cities in this country. Plus the place has plenty of Albion fans and it would seem that if Brighton has been invaded by Londoners then Worthing is becoming an over-spill for Brightonians!!

The place is no Brighton but it must be one of the better towns in England...I have been up and down the country following the Albion for years and I have visited some utter shit-holes so maybe I am just grateful for where I am from!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I lived in Worthing ,then Ferring some years ago.It was okay,and near enough to the Albion.Obviously it is not as lively as Brighton,but when I was there I never saw trouble when I was out in the town at night,and some of the pubs - try Tarring village - were excellent then.Enough to do,and as others have said,near enough to Brighton to make visits very easy.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've been in Shoreham nearly 4 years now & would love to get back to Brighton, or maybe even Hove. I wouldn't go to Worthing personally.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Worthing, undoubtedly there are far better places to live, but there are also far worse.

Sticking with the positives it is fairly cheap, in comparison to the rest of the county, to buy somewhere to live. It hasn't become a little London by the sea, like parts of Brighton, most people you meet are decent Sussex folk. Going out for a night on the razz is fairly safe, from experience the night-life was OK, you chose a club to go to and knew what you would get...in my case it was probably Slappers, usually full of the mid-20's and upwards crowd, as a result it was relatively trouble free...most Saturdays there would be more than a smattering of Albion fans in there. Pick which part of town to live in and you can find somewhere pretty good, either right by the beach or at the foot of the Downs with a stunning view. My days of living in Sussex are well behind me, I am more than happy living where I do now, but if anyone told me they were thinking of going to live in Worthing I would just say do it!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
no.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here