Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T-Mobile reception

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
On Vodafone at the moment, thinking of changing to T-Mobile. What's reception and service like in Brighton / Sussex area?

:albion2:

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Ive been with T-mobile for a year and seem to get good reception around the Brighton area, they also have a set up with Orange where if you can't get T-mobile reception it switches you to the Orange network so you can still get calls etc.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I dont have the answer to your question mate but, I can tell you that T-Mobile and Orange have joined forces and now share each others masts so if Orange is good, then so should T-Mobile.

EDIT - Beat me to it Matt!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
T-Mobile have joined Orange but somehow I doubt that that would improve the signal over Vodafone (although where I am both T-Mobile and Orange work whereas I needs to walk for a mile to get any signal on Vodafone). However when I lived in Worthing T-Mobile was very poor but Vodafone was fine.

T-Mobile have joined Orange but somehow I doubt that that would improve the signal over Vodafone (although where I am both T-Mobile and Orange work whereas I needs to walk for a mile to get any signal on Vodafone). However when I lived in Worthing T-Mobile was very poor but Vodafone was fine.

Orange and T-mobile join forces as Everything Everywhere

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Thanks everyone - thats very useful - 2-0 to Mighty BHA tonight methinks!:albion2:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
you have to register to get both, its free, can do it online or by texting from your phone

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this Tmobile + Orange thing is i believe a bit of marketing spin, i understood they largely shared masts anyway as they use the same frequency (1800Mhz), with O2 + Vodafone (900MHz) sharing the same masts too. often all of them on the same, sometimes its a battle to get planning permission for one, let alone 4 mast. I dont recall where 3 came into it, they piggy back on one of the others.

in towns you'll unlikly find much difference between any of them anyway, though technically the low frequency is better for reception in buildings and tight, close streets like the North Laine and Lanes. in the rest of Sussex its much the same, you'll get a good phone signal anywhere but if you're down in a hollow you'll get bugger all on anything. signal for data is a different kettle of fish, needs stong signal.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Been on T-Mobile about 5 months now, obviously it is going to work well in London, but works fine when I have been in the sticks down Battle way and around the East Preston area, very happy with them so far and their packages are a bit of a bargain with a lovely little HTC Desire thrown in for good measure.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
On Vodafone at the moment, thinking of changing to T-Mobile. What's reception and service like in Brighton / Sussex area?

:albion2:

I'd stay with vodafone if i were you, i was with them for a few years and rarely lost a signal.

mind you T-Mobile and Orange are sharing phone masts now so when one drops out you get the other.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
T-Mobile/Orange are good. Whoever you go with don't go with 3. No matter how good there deals are it's not worth it. Terrible network. Terrible customer service.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Trying to get through to T-Mobile at the moment as they have overcharged my bill -for the second month running after assuring me it was fixed last month.
Went instore and was told as it is a billing issue they cannot help,
I was on hold for an hour on Monday when I gave up, yesterday had three stints to get through to their customer service one for 50mins on hold, one for 1hr 20 and lastly at 9PM when I was on hold for 20mins before being cut off. Their twitter page is full of fed up people trying to get through.

So wise sages of NSC I have made the decision to leave [when I can finally speak to someone] and move to a new network provider. Anyone recomend Giff Gaff/ Tesco Mobile? Just looking for a sim only deal for around £10-£15 per month, no handset included.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Trying to get through to T-Mobile at the moment as they have overcharged my bill -for the second month running after assuring me it was fixed last month.
Went instore and was told as it is a billing issue they cannot help,
I was on hold for an hour on Monday when I gave up, yesterday had three stints to get through to their customer service one for 50mins on hold, one for 1hr 20 and lastly at 9PM when I was on hold for 20mins before being cut off. Their twitter page is full of fed up people trying to get through.

So wise sages of NSC I have made the decision to leave [when I can finally speak to someone] and move to a new network provider. Anyone recomend Giff Gaff/ Tesco Mobile? Just looking for a sim only deal for around £10-£15 per month, no handset included.
In with t mobile but I have two giffgaff accounts for my children and have had no problems with them. They use the o2 network as do Tesco. Tesco looked better for sim only deals when I looked last week though, they are very competitive.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Orange signal is excellent. I had to change from O2 though through GiffGaff. Regularly dropped calls. Several threads on net about how abysmal their signal strength is particularly around Kemp Town. Called them and they had no intention of changing so went to Orange (TMobile equivalent) and now all good

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have been T mobile for years, reception is usually fine in most places but on occasions the 3G has problems. Had no problems re billing either, in fact I should upgrade my old phone but the deal is so good I doubt if I could get it again.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I've been with T Mobile for over 10 years. Generally their phone signal is fine in most places, but I've found their 3G can sometimes be patchy. Whether all networks have 'patchy' 3G, I don't know? I would assume so?

Re signals and customer service: All carriers will have the odd dead spot scattered about the country and the customer service is equally as poor with all of them. I've had dealings with both Orange and Vodafone customer service over recents times when sorting issues with my daughters phones. I found them all equally as shite as each other when it came to being kept on hold plus talking to clueless muppets.

Never had a problem with billing with T Mobile either. Had you asked me the same question about Talk Talk though? :angry:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
spent 2:15 on the phone to them today to cancel. Yes thats right, two hours fifteen minutes, - firstly on hold for around an hour to speak to someone. I explained why I wanted to cancel to person #1. They agreed that they could not match my previous charges (the tarriff that I have paid for the last 2 years odd) they passed me to another team (more hold) to get PAC code then to another team (yet more hold) to get instructions on how to unlock my phone (another £20 extra)

So glad I wont have to deal with these incompetent muppets again.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Vodafone signal up here in SW Surrey is great,but been messed around by them for Months now and thinking of changing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here