Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan v Bolton Attendance 7715

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Then again the FA Cup is the biggest competition they have a chance of winning, and £15 for a Prem club with Prem wages is about as cheap as it can get. Basically, it's a Prem stadium in a League 2 town.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Perhaps they should start shifting to the Brighton model of direct debit payments, £30-40 a month sounds a lot less than £350-450.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I've got a lot of family in Wigan and the thing is it just really isn't much of a football town. It's all about rugby league there, after all Wigan use to win absolutely everything in the late 80s and 90s. The football team were always a bit of joke with their really awful old stadium (Springfield Park) and tiny attendances. All my relatives used to support Man U or Liverpool and the other many bigger clubs close by. If you had told anyone 15 years ago Wigan would be in the Premiership they would have laughed but they got lucky with a rich owner and have had some good managers over the past 10 years or so but they will never overtake the popularity of the rugby team.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1900 Forest, so around 3600 Scunthorpe fans. Despite the current times, that really is quite worrying.

Worrying indeed, not sure if I will sleep tonight due to the stress caused by Scunthorpe's poor level of mid-week attendances.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Worrying indeed, not sure if I will sleep tonight due to the stress caused by Scunthorpe's poor level of mid-week attendances.

Alright :lol: Think you slightly misunderstood what i meant.

It must be worrying for their fans for their future, given a crowd of 3500 home fans in the Championship can hardly be sustainable. I know they're hardly massive spenders in that league, but i can't see them lasting too long on those kind of crowds.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Wigan's support is shocking, mind. Been to the 'DW Stadium' twice and both times the crowd has been about 14,000 with 4,500 of the crowd being NUFC fans. To be fair, I wouldn't fancy visiting their ground every fortnight or so, it is boring, has no character at all and the Football on show isn't upto much. Bolton have pretty poor support as well.

I'm happy for anyone who can afford to go to ALL matches in this day and age. Personally speaking, I have less spare cash in my pocket at the moment than at any time in the last 25+ years. I've stopped making negative comments about people who simply cannot afford to do the things they love

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Wigan's support is shocking, mind. Been to the 'DW Stadium' twice and both times the crowd has been about 14,000 with 4,500 of the crowd being NUFC fans. To be fair, I wouldn't fancy visiting their ground every fortnight or so, it is boring, has no character at all and the Football on show isn't upto much. Bolton have pretty poor support as well.

Great support for the 'Toon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here