Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Large Ring Around the Moon

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
sun-light refraction from crystalising ice in the upper atmosphere i expect , or god blowing smoke rings to put a nsc twist on it

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Just to expand on my post above:
Folklore has it that a ring around the moon signifies bad weather is coming... The ice crystals that cover the halo signify high altitude, thin cirrus clouds that normally precede a warm front by one or two days. Typically, a warm front will be associated with a low pressure system which is commonly referred to as a storm....
It is believed that the number of stars within a moon halo indicate the number days before bad weather will arrive."

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Folklore has it that a ring around the moon signifies bad weather is coming... The ice crystals that cover the halo signify high altitude, thin cirrus clouds that normally precede a warm front by one or two days. Typically, a warm front will be associated with a low pressure system which is commonly referred to as a storm....
It is believed that the number of stars within a moon halo indicate the number days before bad weather will arrive."

I prefer David Icke's explanation!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm shocked that this thread has got this far without a quip about "it's the ring around Uranus you need to worry about".

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lizards in the moon? I have never heard of something so ridiculous in all my life... I never saw lizards when they beamed live episodes of the Clangers when I was a kid!

Ginny

Jan 8, 2015

Did you count the stars then....?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here