Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Large Ring Around the Moon

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
sun-light refraction from crystalising ice in the upper atmosphere i expect , or god blowing smoke rings to put a nsc twist on it

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Just to expand on my post above:
Folklore has it that a ring around the moon signifies bad weather is coming... The ice crystals that cover the halo signify high altitude, thin cirrus clouds that normally precede a warm front by one or two days. Typically, a warm front will be associated with a low pressure system which is commonly referred to as a storm....
It is believed that the number of stars within a moon halo indicate the number days before bad weather will arrive."

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Folklore has it that a ring around the moon signifies bad weather is coming... The ice crystals that cover the halo signify high altitude, thin cirrus clouds that normally precede a warm front by one or two days. Typically, a warm front will be associated with a low pressure system which is commonly referred to as a storm....
It is believed that the number of stars within a moon halo indicate the number days before bad weather will arrive."

I prefer David Icke's explanation!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm shocked that this thread has got this far without a quip about "it's the ring around Uranus you need to worry about".

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lizards in the moon? I have never heard of something so ridiculous in all my life... I never saw lizards when they beamed live episodes of the Clangers when I was a kid!

Ginny

Jan 8, 2015

Did you count the stars then....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here