Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syndicate Meet

When would suit you best for this meet up?

• Sunday Lunchtime at the dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After an Albion midweek game, somewhere nearby

• Some other suggestion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Those of at The Dogs on Sunday felt it would be a good idea to have a meet up of as many of the syndicate members as possible sometime soon. We're thinking end of February/beginning of March

The point of meeting up is
  • to get all those signed rules back to you
  • to explain what we've done so far and what plans we might have
  • to explain about the four owners passes we've got
  • to make sure everyone is happy with this
  • and to just have a laugh, which was the whole point of setting it up in the first place.
Obviously anyone can vote in this poll, so it would help if you'd post a reply below so we get an idea how members of the syndicate feel, not just what NSC thinks

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
A Thursday or Saturday night for me because if I am working I can still get to the hounds by no later than 8.30pm, I work a lot of Sundays and dont get many off at the moment.

essex seagull

Nov 2, 2008
essex
Glad to see Bennys running well for you ,for me its quite a coincidence that you chose to buy him for your syndicates first dog as it was me who originally bought him for his previous owner, i have been friends with Bennys breeder for many years and like me hopes he wins lots of races and your syndicate have a lot of fun watching him run.I have a young bitch arriving from Ireland shortly who will be trialling at Hove once she has settled in to her new kennels so i hope to see some fellow Albion fans at the dogs.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Glad to see Bennys running well for you ,for me its quite a coincidence that you chose to buy him for your syndicates first dog as it was me who originally bought him for his previous owner, i have been friends with Bennys breeder for many years and like me hopes he wins lots of races and your syndicate have a lot of fun watching him run.I have a young bitch arriving from Ireland shortly who will be trialling at Hove once she has settled in to her new kennels so i hope to see some fellow Albion fans at the dogs.

Nice one. Im learning more and more about the dogs all the time, so am always interested in hearing more! Lets us know your pups name when it starts racing so i can follow a fellow Albion fans fortune. Good luck

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I have voted for Thursday as most Thursday's i should be able to make. Most Saturday nights should be fine too though. Sundays are bad for me as i have other committments.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I've gone for a Saturday night, we could make a night of it. Meal, meeting, general banter - that kind of thing.
I can make the last Saturday in Feb, but not the first two in March

Alternatively, away from the dogs so we can get what we need to get done

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A Thursday evening would be best for me as I can make it most Thursday's.

If a Thursday does work of everyone could we see if we could get Benny running as well that evening.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I'm easy, although don't spread it around :D Any time or date for me, with a bit of notice.

Probably a venue away from the greyhounds, so there's no distractions, especially for the gamblers in the syndicate :wrong:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Those of at The Dogs on Sunday felt it would be a good idea to have a meet up of as many of the syndicate members as possible sometime soon. We're thinking end of February/beginning of March

The point of meeting up is
  • to get all those signed rules back to you
  • to explain what we've done so far and what plans we might have
  • to explain about the four owners passes we've got
  • to make sure everyone is happy with this
  • and to just have a laugh, which was the whole point of setting it up in the first place.
Obviously anyone can vote in this poll, so it would help if you'd post a reply below so we get an idea how members of the syndicate feel, not just what NSC thinks

did you get my SAE?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I can't vote in this because i work 4 on and 4 off nights

So any date you choose will have to fit around my work

I'm still hoping benny runs on a night off not happened yet

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
A Thursday evening would be best for me as I can make it most Thursday's.

If a Thursday does work of everyone could we see if we could get Benny running as well that evening.

This. Saturday's are difficult as usually have family stuff going on. No reason why we can't have a meal on a Thursday as it'd be good to make a night of it. Having said this I plan to be up there for 95% of Benny's runs so if you guys go with a Saturday that's fine with me as I'll meet most of you anyway as the weeks/months go by.

Also, if we do a Thursday before the end of February I have got a load of 4 for the price of 2 tickets for meals so it'll be cheap as chips!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
did you get my SAE?

Yes thanks. I have your signed forms.

Who am I waiting for?

Hola Gus - wish I'd remembered this when I saw you earlier
Safeway - wish I'd remembered this when I saw you yesterday
Trigger -
Hans Kraay-

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yes thanks. I have your signed forms.

Who am I waiting for?

Hola Gus - wish I'd remembered this when I saw you earlier
Safeway - wish I'd remembered this when I saw you yesterday
Trigger -
Hans Kraay-

I posted mine Tuesday, you should hopefully have it today! :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Righto. Well judging from the poll, and taking into account the comments, aTHURSDAY seems favourite.

So how about Thursday 24th February? down at the dogs.

I wonder whether my post at the top of this poll may have spooked some people into thinking this is going to be some long and complicated committee meeting which will take ages. No the case as far as I'm concerned.
The list I made out is 20 minutes at the most. If we could meet up at 7.00 we can be done by race time. I realise that this early start time could cause some people problems, but if people want to talk business away from the betting ring, it'll have to be before and not after.

We will request ALBION FLYER runs that night, and I believe with that amount of notice we can be fairly confident the racing manager will put him in.

I will bring a balance sheet, so you can see how much ca$h we have, and the signed shares for everyone. If you haven't signed yours yet, bring it on 24th.

Agreeable for all ?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Righto. Well judging from the poll, and taking into account the comments, aTHURSDAY seems favourite.

So how about Thursday 24th February? down at the dogs.

I wonder whether my post at the top of this poll may have spooked some people into thinking this is going to be some long and complicated committee meeting which will take ages. No the case as far as I'm concerned.
The list I made out is 20 minutes at the most. If we could meet up at 7.00 we can be done by race time. I realise that this early start time could cause some people problems, but if people want to talk business away from the betting ring, it'll have to be before and not after.

We will request ALBION FLYER runs that night, and I believe with that amount of notice we can be fairly confident the racing manager will put him in.

I will bring a balance sheet, so you can see how much ca$h we have, and the signed shares for everyone. If you haven't signed yours yet, bring it on 24th.

Agreeable for all ?

Fine with me sir :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here