Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread**

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Having never started an "Official" thread I apologise if I have broken standard practice in the title but I thought we better have one.

Today the window SLAMS shut, unless as Mr.Redknapp and Wenger's fax machine is broken due to the poor weather.

Will Bennett go to Norwich? Will Gus surprise everyone with a signing?

Post any deals, rumours, turned down offers, taxi pick up's from Gatwick in here.

I'll start:

Spurs have £38.5m bid for Sergio Aguero rejected.

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Well that heading is a disaster - Bennett will now definitely be on his way and maybe even Murray and its all the Southwicks fault

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
This headline pretty much spells 'Poyet signs for Wycombe'. Disaster deadline day now, well done mate talk about ruining a great weekend!!!!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Would be very surprised if we bought anyone in today. Hope Gus pulls something out the hat though and also that Elliott Bennett is in the starting lineup against Orient tomorrow.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Absolutely nothing will happen on the Brighton front today... unless Ledesma has to be signed today.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
First transfer of the day Da Silva Sunderland to Zaragoza free transfer.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not expecting BHA to bring anyone in today. Had a beer with a couple of Norwich fans (real ones - sensible people, not 10 year olds on Twitter) and they were convinced that Bennett won't be coming. But my God, they are impressed with Crofts. We had a similar chat when he signed and they barely registered him - now they are worried about him moving on at the end of the season if they don't go up.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just thought i would mention as his name has been mentioned by so many on here in the past.

Sky Sports reporting that Adam Le Fondre, has no plans to sign a new contract at Rotherham!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh no! Not Le Fondre again :)

Really glad to here that Crofty has been such a revelation at Norwich. I liked him a lot and although I have been surprised at just how influential he seems able to be at a higher level I'm beginning to wonder now whether he might be able to make the next step up and still star? Not bad for a journeyman free signing. Good luck to him.

Agree with above. Unless we push Ledesma's signing though (which I doubt) I will be very happy not to hear our name mentioned today

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Would not be surprised to see departures today, but one or two of: Holroyd, Hart or Sandaza.
Would personally miss Hart although despite goals would not miss either of the other two especially Holroyd who I think is League 2 at best and definately not good enough to come with us to the Championship.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Norwich-based mate, works on the local paper, still predicting Bennett to sign for them today for £1.2m. But only rumours we've already heard.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nothing wrong with the title, it's going to be a two star day with nothing happening on the transfer front for us, HOPEFULLY.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Oh no! Not Le Fondre again :)

Really glad to here that Crofty has been such a revelation at Norwich. I liked him a lot and although I have been surprised at just how influential he seems able to be at a higher level I'm beginning to wonder now whether he might be able to make the next step up and still star? Not bad for a journeyman free signing. Good luck to him.

Agree with above. Unless we push Ledesma's signing though (which I doubt) I will be very happy not to hear our name mentioned today

Crofts would be a great replacement for Charlie Adam at Blackpool.

I can't see any ingoing or outgoing for us today and I would be happy with that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Norwich-based mate, works on the local paper, still predicting Bennett to sign for them today for £1.2m. But only rumours we've already heard.

More like that's what your m8 WANTS to happen... just a reminder - HE IS NOT FOR SALE... please see TB comments (twice)...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Spurs desperation for a striker is funny. Think they are just bidding for any forward who happens to play in Spain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here