Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The linesman tonight, south stand side

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2nd half, without doubt the most inept display of running the line I've ever ever ever seen. He had NO clue what the rules were.

If it had mattered someone would've surely gone after him at the end of the game.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Even from the Family Stand there were more than a few questionable offside decisions and he seemed to "not see" a lot of the Colchester "professionalism" with their off the ball digs and wrestling antics. The ref wasn't much better in my mind. Colchester were very physical & up for a battle but it seemed they got all the decisions...oh well, we won despite them & they had their 5 sent off.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I didn't think he got that many wrong at all. There were a lot of twats giving him abuse for correct decisions though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There were at least 4 that were unquestionably wrong. He was always miles behind the play and genuinely didn't seem to understand how offside works.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Some he got right, some he got wrong, seems to be regular service for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He got a number wrong that would've led to one-on-one situations. A couple were entirely illogical as well.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
He got a number wrong that would've led to one-on-one situations. A couple were entirely illogical as well.

The sad thing is, this could be a regular thread with what I have witnessed this season.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He got a lot wrong. I was in line and Murray was onside twice and given off. He was offside twice and given off. And offside twice and given on.
Noone was not offside. And Barnes when through at the end was onside but Sandaza was off, but the lino still gave it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He took a lot of abuse - but again I don't think he got a lot wrong. Only one that I can remember. He got a lot more right. And he certainly knew the rules - he was looking for active and inactive. Seemed ok.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wasn't there, but it's pretty obvious to me that his errant display was entirely due to the fact that he is a MAN.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Not quite as annoying as the group of teenagers seemingly more interested in Utd's comeback at Blackpool than the game being played in front of them.

This!

Very annoying!!! Stay at home and watch it next time kids.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
This!

Very annoying!!! Stay at home and watch it next time kids.

What was quite clearly a private joke between friends clearly seemed to annoy one gentleman to the point where he felt it necessary to call me a ****, which was nice. If you're that f***ing stupid that you genuinely think I'd rather have been at United then it says a lot more about you than it does about me. For the record, I've been a season ticket holder for 9+ years and therefore already have my Falmer season ticket booked, so I'm in it for the long haul.

Oh, and if it really bothered you that much (assuming it was you), perhaps you might have stayed around until the end of the game to speak to me personally, rather than leaving five minutes before the end. But hey, you're the superfan.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
What was quite clearly a private joke between friends clearly seemed to annoy one gentleman to the point where he felt it necessary to call me a ****, which was nice. If you're that f***ing stupid that you genuinely think I'd rather have been at United then it says a lot more about you than it does about me. For the record, I've been a season ticket holder for 9+ years and therefore already have my Falmer season ticket booked, so I'm in it for the long haul.

Oh, and if it really bothered you that much (assuming it was you), perhaps you might have stayed around until the end of the game to speak to me personally, rather than leaving five minutes before the end. But hey, you're the superfan.

No I did not call you a **** and i dont claim to be a superfan but I am not in the minority who were around you who were disturbed by the private joke which certainly did not remain private.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here