Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Top work by whoever in Mod Towers decided to impose the 'No Dickheads' rule on whoever among their peers decided to relegate this grand ol' thread to 'Other Stuff' :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a fudging surprise.

As if proof were needed this pointless pathetic shiteshow is near the top of page 1 at 17:20.

There's clearly a fair few Albion 'fans' who are a feckin disgrace.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a fudging surprise.

As if proof were needed this pointless pathetic shiteshow is near the top of page 1 at 17:20.

Is he a current NSC member under a new name do you think? Tail between legs, keeping a low profile for year after year.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Should change your name to Solid in the Head.

Good one mate, that really is hilarious. I guess that just sums up your sense of humour, and everyone else's who thinks this thread is remotely funny. Someone said this thread is 7 years old, that's like someone telling the same joke over and over and over, and you all still laughing. You lot really are special.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a fudging surprise.

So how did Big Jurg do today? Manage to swerve the net yet again? Who's fault is it this time? Which of his strengths are we not playing to? Pray tell. Noticed that Maupay had no such problems. And Andone staked his claim also. Big Jurg? Not so much :dunce:

Amex-era muppets still maintain that AB is in some way shit. Truly bizarre. WELL worth bouncing every time AB scores a PL goal. Which is every other game.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As usual, I watched the Albion game live in the sports bar, but one has the chance to watch all the other games simultaneously on the other screens.

It helps to keep the vagaries of success and failure in perspective, fosters an appreciation for other players and counters Albion myopia.

Having watched him over the last 2-3 seasons with a Burnley supporting mate, it's clear that Ashley Barnes remains underrated and extremely effective.

All the stats back it up. There's really little argument left to be had with those that refuse to see the truth.

A simple retraction from the OP will do me. But he/she obviously isn't big enough to do that. So criticism is still perfectly justified.

The evidence that there still exist on here some that doubt his qualities is bewildering and the very definition of the word 'denial'.

The fact that the thread clearly continues to trigger so many sensitive souls is both a source of continued amusement and clear proof that it should stay.

Long may it continue.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As usual, I watched the Albion game live in the sports bar, but one has the chance to watch all the other games simultaneously on the other screens.

It helps to keep the vagaries of success and failure in perspective, fosters an appreciation for other players and counters Albion myopia.

Having watched him over the last 2-3 seasons with a Burnley supporting mate, it's clear that Ashley Barnes remains underrated and extremely effective.

All the stats back it up. There's really little argument left to be had with those that refuse to see the truth.

A simple retraction from the OP will do me. But he/she obviously isn't big enough to do that. So criticism is still perfectly justified.

The evidence that there still exist on here some that doubt his qualities is bewildering and the very definition of the word 'denial'.

The fact that the thread clearly continues to trigger so many sensitive souls is both a source of continued amusement and clear proof that it should stay.

Long may it continue.

Barnes has proved his worth at an agricultural club......i think the bouncing of the thread whenever he scores is a slap in the mosh for the OP , let's face it after nearly maiming CMS in the goal celebration of his wonder strike, ironically against Burnley and then going on tone banned for 7 games for tripping the ref up , Barnsey is now an Albion legend.
Like it or not.

I may add that Burnley , for some reason, are not a favourite of mine , always had that immoral edge to them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What a fudging surprise.

saddo.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good one mate, that really is hilarious. I guess that just sums up your sense of humour, and everyone else's who thinks this thread is remotely funny. Someone said this thread is 7 years old, that's like someone telling the same joke over and over and over, and you all still laughing. You lot really are special.

drone.png

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So how did Big Jurg do today? Manage to swerve the net yet again? Who's fault is it this time? Which of his strengths are we not playing to? Pray tell. Noticed that Maupay had no such problems. And Andone staked his claim also. Big Jurg? Not so much :dunce:

Amex-era muppets still maintain that AB is in some way shit. Truly bizarre. WELL worth bouncing every time AB scores a PL goal. Which is every other game.

There's a few muppets who think DS only passes sideways as well, talking of the bizarre.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Is he a current NSC member under a new name do you think? Tail between legs, keeping a low profile for year after year.

Most definitely. But low profile ? Not a chance.

He's still bleating on and on with the same narrative, despite overwhelming amounts of evidence to the contrary.

I think you know where you will find him :wink:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You've got to admire the way he keeps on improving. I like this thread.
Can we revisit what a good job he did being forced to play as a primarily defensive left sided forward under poyet? :)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am not sure he would have developed as much as he has if had he stayed so crying over possible spilt milk is not worth it. That said I did think it was wrong we let him go at the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here