Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Coupled with the fact you can buy a street in Burnley for the price of a lock up garage in Hove actually.

I was told at that the time by an ITK, that AB simply left because he was on very low Championship money (a fraction of that paid to other first teamers), with Burnley willing to give him the security of good pay on a long contract. A no-brainer for AB.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree to disagree. I think that fans very rarely show contempt enough to oust a player no, it does happen but the manager would usually be sensible enough not to play them if it was that vociferous.

Regarding Barnes, I know the story, I know a few Murray ones too from people supposedly ITK who all contradicted one another.

I've never really bought into any of it, particularly as he was settled here and if I'm not mistaken his son supports us. I'm not sure that would happen if his old man had just left the club on the cheap because he thought the fans disliked him.

If the club wanted to keep them it was a matter of incrementing some numbers upwards, in both cases.

Spot on as usual. AB and GM were happy to stay, if paid properly. Why upsticks, with in GM’s case a rubbish commute to SE London 5 or 6 days a week? Financial security in an often short career.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I believe that someone on NSC confirmed that he does, but I don't know who as ?

Maybe take a look on a particular long running thread for someone who is extremely belligerent, particularly when the facts stacking up seem to be at odds with their pre-held conceptions :wink:

Was it dual accounts with Husty originally? They seemed to back each up with incredible regularity, in his/their loathing of young Ashley.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Was it dual accounts with Husty originally? They seemed to back each up with incredible regularity, in his/their loathing of young Ashley.

I don't think they were the same poster but Husty always liked to be controversial as it made him look cool.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good old Ash.He certainly knew where to find 3 points!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we please buy him back, we need some nasty aggressive players, he’d be perfect

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Take a bow Ashley Barnes.

:goal:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Barnes needs to play in a front two. We only play one up front so not the right player for how Hughton plays unfortunately

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes needs to play in a front two. We only play one up front so not the right player for how Hughton plays unfortunately

It’s that rigidity that makes me question whether he is the man to take us any further

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well, the recent message from the Directors is that CH is here for the long term.

Hopefully he’s still learning, and can improve us markedly with some far better first teamers.
This is true, how well would Pep do with our lot probably not much better. I personally think many of CH’s game plans work unfortunately you need better calmer players in this league to pull of more wins.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here