Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth FA Cup 3rd Round ***Official Thread***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Can the Seagulls maintain the form shown in the last couple of matches?

Will Pompey be able to field a full subs bench?

Lets get Withdean rocking today!!!

I predict a 3 - 1 Albion victory. Barnes x 2 and Bennett

Come on you super seagulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Am i right in thinking they can only bring 14 or 15 players today?

Yes A vs S that is my understanding, what a dire situation for a Championship club to be in!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Blimey. That is dire, still be a toughy today

On paper I would agree with you but the question is will the Pompey players hearts be 100% up for this match?

With such an emaciated squad they can ill afford these extra games.

It may be a case of quick cup exit and focus on the league? .....

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
Looking forward to this game and I have a great feeling that we can win, but without being Bias I think it'll end up 1-1, reply at Pompy and lose.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh dear, oh dear. That title is so wrong, we're cursed!
Any team news?
Anyone know where I can listen on line for free?
Player isn't working for me.

Sep 1, 2010
On paper I would agree with you but the question is will the Pompey players hearts be 100% up for this match?

With such an emaciated squad they can ill afford these extra games.

It may be a case of quick cup exit and focus on the league? .....

You may well be right, although any lure of extra income could change that. I have still put us down for a 2-1 win though

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
From a Pompy fan...

"Defensively we're crap but we aren't having any issues scoring. Going to depend on how good your attack is. If you go for it you might beat us. You won't get anything by playing defensive though."

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

They have a couple of players in their squad but are unwilling to play them anymore as they would trigger clauses in their contracts

PORTSMOUTH are to sell Michael Brown and Richard Hughes.
If the pair play another game it triggers a clause to pay a year's extension on wages. Neither would waive that right or take 50 per cent pay cuts to stay. Fratton Park chiefs will also take £1million off Turkish outfit Konyaspor for striker John Utaka.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
From a Pompy fan...

"Defensively we're crap but we aren't having any issues scoring. Going to depend on how good your attack is. If you go for it you might beat us. You won't get anything by playing defensive though."

Don't worry fella we will definitely be attacking, have you seen our home record??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SSN reporting Wood to start, which could indicate a front pairing of barnes and wood, or three up front with murray, as we ended the game on monday.

However, it's worth noting, ssn also reported whing extended his loan at orient, when he was released from his contract with brighton and has actually signed for orient as a permenant player (albeit until the end of the season), so they could simply be confusing wood being allowed to play in the cup with him actually starting.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From a Pompy fan...

If they think that we might go defensive they haven't seen or read anything about us this season.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
SSN reporting Wood to start, which could indicate a front pairing of barnes and wood, or three up front with murray, as we ended the game on monday.

However, it's worth noting, ssn also reported whing extended his loan at orient, when he was released from his contract with brighton and has actually signed for orient as a permenant player (albeit until the end of the season), so they could simply be confusing wood being allowed to play in the cup with him actually starting.

Quite possibly, I would be disappointed if Murray didn't start in view of his recent form, take him off after an hour when we are 3 up and then bring on Wood!!

Referee: Graham Scott (Oxfordshire)
Assistant referees: John Farries and N Lugg
Fourth official: Nick Kinseley

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

No. It's not that they CAN only.....it's that they CHOOSE to continue with an abbreviated squad. This is because their expenditure on first team squad members is limited under the terms of their CVA so they have ELECTED to have a few very highly paid players rather than a full squad of players on salaries nearer the Championship average. If they were forced to manage with a depleted squad they might warrant some of the sympathy they constantly demand but the reality is that it is their decision to try to buy their way back into the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here