Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday forum

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just been on the Wednesday forum - interesting how so many of them think "we won't last the pace":

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=142254&st=0

*(and also how many of them still think they will storm the league! Someone should remind them they've already been beaten in 8 games so far this season - and lost their last match 5-1 to Exeter!).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Har har, one of them thinks they'll win it with 15 points ahead. f*** 'em. I am suprised by our present position but I think we've earned it on merit so other fans dispariging our team and looking down on us just makes me laugh.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Typical deluded Yorkshire folk. Let them think they don't need to worry about us.

Some comments on there typify former 'big clubs' who didn't have a pot to piss in thinking they've had it 'SO fooking tuff all these years'. Some of these clubs' fans haven't got a frigging clue about what most lower league clubs have been going through since SKY's money f***ed up football forever (those that didn't take the easy way out by screwing their local creditors or us-the tax payers). I hope they struggle for years-arrogant twats.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The comment 'I can't believe how other results have gone our way recently' made me chuckle... What, like when you got stuffed 5-1 by Exeter?!

Arrogant and deluded. I can easily see them not even reaching the play-offs.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I like one idiot's comments "You do know that the following teams can all mathematically go above us once their remaining games in hand have been played: Brighton, Charlton, Southampton, Bournemouth, Colchester, Peterborough, Oldham, Hartlepool, Brentford and Carlisle".

The response by one knuckle dragging idiot: "They won't be though, cos they're all shit". He's got a bright future ahead of him.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Unbelievable, re: Brighton Vs Charlton & preferred result.

Draw.

Keep the league as tight as possible then make the move in the new year.

Oh now I get it, they are just toying with us all & waiting until they get 2010 out of the way before just take over I hadn't realised that it was all part of their greater scheme when they ambled down to Exeter to get humiliated because it wasn't new year yet ! Oh dear. I only hope that they have a similar experience when they visit our little stretch of The South Coast.

Definitely a draw, if Charlton win there two points clear of us, if Brighton in their 6 points clear of us.

Both are too inconsistent to mount a massive promotion push, once we get a few new signings in we should take the league by the scruff of it's neck.

This coming from consistency itself, consistently inconsistent. Now I wish a pox upon them.

Last edited:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Unbelievably arrogant. All deluded except for one voice of reason.

Maybe they're all exuding that Northern penchant for comedy, irony maybe? They can't be f***ing serious.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
most yorkshire folk know very little about what goes on outside yorkshire in my experience,had a mate from bingley years ago who took a swiss girl home to meet his family.......when it became evident to them that they were an item(that was when my mate give her a slap at the dinner table for dropping her tripe)he was shown the door,as far as i know he is now living in new zealand and has not been back.Occaisionally have a beer with the north metro football federation here in perth there are plenty of leeds,a few wednesday and even a barnsley fan...........they are, with one possible exception , boring as bat-shit.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Reading other clubs forums throughout this season, I cant believe the bloody arrogance of some of these so called big clubs supporters. Sheff Wed need to accept that they are no longer the big club they used to be, and they really need to accept that someone like Brighton might be actually better than them. I would need 50 fingers to count the amount of times Sheff Wed have blown it. Arrogance, I can't stand it. Just like MK Dons thinking that a new stadium would automatically guarantee them higher gates and an easy path to the premiership, wake up.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember the FA Cup semi final at Highbury where Weds thought they only had to turn up to win. Nothing new in their arrogance.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I really like Wednesday. Hillsborough is a proper old historic ground, and their supporters that I come across don't seem to be like say Leeds, who think success is theirs by right.

I am sure they have their idiots on their board, same as all clubs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really like Wednesday. Hillsborough is a proper old historic ground, and their supporters that I come across don't seem to be like say Leeds, who think success is theirs by right.

I am sure they have their idiots on their board, same as all clubs.
Always preferred Sheff Utd fans personally, as I've met some right twats following Wednesday. But I don't really see what the fuss is about regarding these comments some people are taking exception to. Afterall, it is a tight division, and if we were in their position, we'd be looking for the same results. At one point we looked like the class act, but 3 points from the last 15 would suggest we're not all that. I wouldn't expect their fans to either know or care that we're still looking like a good side, and that we are expecting reinforcements soon enough. Look at it another way, how many of our own fans are expecting Bournemouth to last the pace? And look no further than Rochdale for evidence that smaller clubs tend to peter out - they were in the play-offs not long ago, yet are now looking at a probable relegation fight.

Incidentally, there are people on the Southampton board who don't see us lasting the pace either. I think they're all wrong, but don't blame them for guessing as much. Charlton are more likely to end up outside the top six than we are to end up outside the top two, IMO.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You'll find these sort of comments on any of the challengers' web sites, most of them are wishful thinking rather than based on any fact or logic. We sit four points clear with a superior goal difference and the intention of strengthening our squad in January (given that the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Bournemouth aren't likely to) so such remarks need to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

If that's their idea of arrogance then so be it.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Always preferred Sheff Utd fans personally, as I've met some right twats following Wednesday. But I don't really see what the fuss is about regarding these comments some people are taking exception to. Afterall, it is a tight division, and if we were in their position, we'd be looking for the same results. At one point we looked like the class act, but 3 points from the last 15 would suggest we're not all that. I wouldn't expect their fans to either know or care that we're still looking like a good side, and that we are expecting reinforcements soon enough. Look at it another way, how many of our own fans are expecting Bournemouth to last the pace? And look no further than Rochdale for evidence that smaller clubs tend to peter out - they were in the play-offs not long ago, yet are now looking at a probable relegation fight.

Incidentally, there are people on the Southampton board who don't see us lasting the pace either. I think they're all wrong, but don't blame them for guessing as much. Charlton are more likely to end up outside the top six than we are to end up outside the top two, IMO.

All reasonable comments (including a number of Wednesday fans being twats - we all have them though)

The only team that any set of fans have much of an idea about is the one they see every week. And there are always going to be a group of fans talking up their chances. We do have an awful lot of fans who are very negative too, incidentally, but they haven't had much to talk about with our enforced break. That, coupled with the fact that the teams around us (you, Charlton, 'Udders, B'mouth etc) are all dropping points which could've seen us tumble down the table has encouraged the more exciteable element.

For what it's worth, despite your defeat at Hillsborough you have been one of the more watchable teams I've seen this season. A lot have come to Hillsborough and shut up shop. Given your excellent start and then more recent "slump" (for want of a better word) I wouldn't be surprised if you have been suffering from opponents setting out their stall to frustrate you.

I wouldn't like to predict the top 6 at the end of the season but it would surprise me if you didn't feature.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Always preferred Sheff Utd fans personally, as I've met some right twats following Wednesday.

My attitude to teams is always coloured by the people I know and like - i.e. soft spots for Wednesday, Swansea, Forest etc. Depends who you have met I suppose.

Wise words on the comments on their board. Do people really think we look the sharpest looking at NSC ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here