Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear, Tonight, BBC 2

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x2pq7

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compare the Mercedes SLS, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the Ferrari 458 Italia in an epic road trip up America's east coast. Along the way they undertake a series of challenges culminating in a fight to find the fastest way into New York, all in the name of crowning the world's greatest sports car. Plus, a round up of car-related Christmas stuff and another celebrity takes to the track as the star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Incase you missed that it was on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Digibox set for this, should be really good

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I don't think it is a repeat. More likely the last in the series or one off special. Then the new series starts with a challenge next week.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Clarkson was on R2 the other day stating they have 2 specials over Christmas, tonight and boxing day. The the new series starts in Jan.

Stewart96

Banned
Jul 28, 2010
Boxing day is the Middle east special and tonight they are going to USA in the 3 best cars in the world. Then they are starting a series in January.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tonights and boxing days sky plussed, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats not what it says on the link. It says its episode number 7 or 7, from series 15.

I know there is a new 2-part special over Christmas, but this doesn't look like its anything to do with that (they're getting dropped off in Iraq or something).

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Thats not what it says on the link. It says its episode number 7 or 7, from series 15.

It's just the way the planner has linked it I think? There were 6 episodes in the last series and this seems to be linked to the last series link as you can't series link it to Sunday's episode?

Definately a brand new show tonight though :thumbsup:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I saw the first two episodes of Top Gear USA which started a month ago. It’s not terrible but it’s a pretty pale imitation of the original. It totally lacks the all important chemistry between the presenters that you get with Clarkson, Hammond and May. Unusually for a US production it does not appear to have anywhere near the same budget that the BBC allocates – and it shows. And why did they choose the History Channel for the debut – it needed to be on one of the main US networks. It may get a niche market but looks set to disappear without trace – IMHO.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's just the way the planner has linked it I think? There were 6 episodes in the last series and this seems to be linked to the last series link as you can't series link it to Sunday's episode?

Definately a brand new show tonight though :thumbsup:

Exactly, well at least the way the schedulers linked it. The EPG is only instructed to do what it's told.

I'd imagine the Christmas schedules are finalised quite late, what with being an important period broadcasters are "scored" against.

And why did they choose the History Channel for the debut – it needed to be on one of the main US networks.

Programme makers don't choose the network, the networks choose which programmes to buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here