Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham match is already in doubt - CALLED OFF (Merged*8)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

The Victoria Road pitch is frozen under covers and the Essex club fear the forecast small rise in temperatures later this week will be insufficient to thaw it out.

Covers were removed briefly on Saturday for a pitch inspection ahead of the scheduled game against Peterborough which was called off.

The sheets were immediately replaced and were soon covered by several inches of snow.

Dandyman

In London village.
SAKE ! A bit of bloody snow and the whole country grinds to a halt. It would take about an hour and half and several bus changes to get to Victoria Road from Norf London but I DEMAND that the game is on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's all good - we need to delay as many matches as possible until we've improved our team and squad.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Of course the cold snap could remain just like Day after Tomorrow and the season be ended with current placings standing, sorted LOL

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
Of course the cold snap could remain just like Day after Tomorrow and the season be ended with current placings standing, sorted LOL

Hypothetically, if there was a massive extended cold snap until early May, with matches continually called off, what would happen? Would the season be extended into the summer or would they cut it short?

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Hypothetically, if there was a massive extended cold snap until early May, with matches continually called off, what would happen? Would the season be extended into the summer or would they cut it short?

I reckon i would settle for all games being void and promotion being decided alphabetically lol, at least we get promoted! if only 3rd.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I wonder if the FA cup will go to no replays and just have extra time and penalties in the original games for this season?

I hope not. I'm still not happy that unlimited replays were done away with. How disappointing would it be if B&HA drew away at Old Trafford in the fourth round, only to be beaten on penalties instead of having a replay at The Withdean?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Worth a punt now then .... if it's postponed and someone can't make the rearranged game I'll happily buy your ticket off you

let me know if/when this is the case via PM

cheer-arse :)

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
It's all good - we need to delay as many matches as possible until we've improved our team and squad.

The current squad isn't exactly bad! Six points over Christmas is a distinct possibility if the games are played, and that is surely preferable to another two matches to fit into the new year.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I hope not. I'm still not happy that unlimited replays were done away with. How disappointing would it be if B&HA drew away at Old Trafford in the fourth round, only to be beaten on penalties instead of having a replay at The Withdean?

Oh I totally agree, but I could see it happening if the entire Christmas and New Year programme is wiped out. Just as long as the FA are left in no doubt that it is a sensible-ish solution to a short term problem, rather than a permanent strategy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
on holiday this summer we met a couple who live opposite the ground in Dagenham and they phoned last night to say that the chances of it being on is practically NIL....the roads around the ground are thick with snow and more worryingly ICE and there is no thaw in sight :-(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is going to royally piss all over my chips if the game is off. The wife is at her mothers while I'm supposed to be at this game - so I'm either spending the afternoon cheering on the stripes, or I'm at the mother-in-laws.

Get.
That.
Game.
ON.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here